    high and low on the net to no avail. Thank you

    --
    clherbert
    clherbert, Dec 2, 2005

  2. clherbert

    metronid Guest

    I have the recovery floppy for that unit
    It is called "RECOVERY DISK".

    I do not think that is what you really need
    The software for Packard Bell that reinstalls the OS is called
    Master Cd for the CD and and Restore Floppy for the associated floppy

    I of course have them all

    The unit originally came with Windows 95
    If you have changed the original CD drive
    The Restore floppy will not work

    metronid, Dec 2, 2005

  3. clherbert

    clherbert Guest

    Thank you for your reply. I have the original box with the followin
    Packard Bell Software Collection disks: Master CD PC-Docto
    Diagnostics, Navigator & Online Library, Ecco the Dolphin, Core
    WordPerfect Suite 7, and the Master CD. What other disk is there tha
    I'm missing? I also have Microsoft Encarta 96 Encyclopedia and Studen
    Reference Library which may also have come with it. The computer is al
    original with nothing new with the original CD drive.

    --
    clherbert
    clherbert, Dec 3, 2005
  4. clherbert

    metronid Guest

    Do you have any floppies

    metronid, Dec 3, 2005
  5. clherbert

    clherbert Guest

    There were only CD's in the box.

    --
    clherbert
    clherbert, Dec 3, 2005
  6. clherbert

    metronid Guest

    Take the CS that says 170889 -02
    Or give me the numbers
    One of the Cd's have the restore floppy
    under a file called osboot.img I think

    metronid, Dec 3, 2005
  7. clherbert

    clherbert Guest

    I don't have a disk that has that number on it. The Master CD PC-Docto
    Diagnostics has the number 170889-01. The other Master CD with all th
    software programs on it does not have a number on it.

    --
    clherbert
    clherbert, Dec 4, 2005
  8. clherbert

    metronid Guest

    The one that says 170889-01
    Open the CD on your computer and looke for a file called osboot.img
    It should be on one of them
    I think the other one is 170889-02
    Does the other one also say master CD
    Once you find the osboot.img
    Send it to me

    If not I will check my data base and send you the floppy

    metronid, Dec 4, 2005
  9. clherbert

    clherbert Guest

    I'm sorry it's been so long since I've gotten back to you. I've been s
    involved with work I haven't had the time to look at the PB. I turne
    the PB on tonight and it does boot but it wants to start up preferabl
    in the safe mode. It then stops, says there's a registry problem wit
    Microsoft Windows and asks for a recovery disk and then restart. Whe
    I put the Master CD PC Diagnostics disk in, it does nothing...there'
    no way I know of to look for a file on this disk because of this.

    --
    clherbert
    clherbert, Dec 12, 2005