regedit files?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by adora333, Jun 25, 2008.

1. adora333

adora333

earlier i downloaded an .exe and used it and ever since then (ive uninstalled it previously) my "automatic updates" section of the microsoft security center has been disabled and i cannot reenable it. ive gone to automatic updates and enabled the automatic (recommended) option and applied it but it still says that on my taskbar that the automatic updates are off... so ive been looking around and i went on regedit to
    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows \ WindowsUpdate \ AU" where my windows update registry keys were supposed to be but they were gone...
    so assuming that the thing i installed removed the windows update reg keys... is there a way i can restore just those registry keys? like downloading the default files off the internet and reenabling them?
    i dont know a whole lot about how this works so if someone could give me some ideas or give me a link on where i can download the default reg files... that would be nice.

thanks for your time.

adora333, Jun 25, 2008
Ask a Question