Registry,cdrom or Bios? Help

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by [email protected], Apr 15, 2008.

1. pcbowen@hotmail.co.uk

[email protected]

Hi, my problem is that first of all the updates for xp home would not load, the Cd/DVD rom stopped being recognised in the BIOS, when trying to restore to an earlier date the PBell lost the restore points due to 'lack of memory' although there was plenty on the computer. Lost the Internet explore when trying to restore to the earlier date? (says no cards present) I removed the upper & lower filters as instructed by Microsoft’s site.

Windows xp is still on the computer, even loaded another XP O/S on the 'D' drive (now removed)

I can still get in to the computer through USB ports (no problems) even sent for a lead to allow any CD rom drive to connect through the USB ports! No jumpers have been altered on the CD drives and they are functioning well in another computer. Now during the past 2 weeks because of my 'messing around with the PC, have been losing more functions! Where do I look now? I have been told that the Bios should be ok? although needs flashing. The computer is 3 years old, had 1GB of ram and is functioning ok apart from the obvious? Should I be looking at the BIOS or registry, anyone care to comment HELP! many thanks Phil.

[email protected], Apr 15, 2008
  2. pcbowen@hotmail.co.uk

[email protected]

Sorry, forgot to mention, have fitted a floppy drive and created the 'start up' floppies but once loaded says 'No CD drive' so can't proceed? Phil

3. pcbowen@hotmail.co.uk

[email protected]

only the Sata hard drive is in Devise Manager Phil

Ask a Question