    I do have the account names in different colors and that helps some but I
    think a bold typeface would be the ticket :)
    Anyone? And yes, I am comfortable tweaking the registry.

    Monica, Sep 22, 2011

  2. Monica

    RnR Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 22:12:49 -0500, "Monica" <>
    wrote:

    >My 52 year old eyes would really appreciate it if I were able to make my
    >various email account names in bold type face.
    >I do have the account names in different colors and that helps some but I
    >think a bold typeface would be the ticket :)
    >Anyone? And yes, I am comfortable tweaking the registry.

    Do what I did to solve this.... get eye surgery on both eyes and you
    will be amazed how well you see again... I am. I won't go into
    detail but it's truly amazing the technology / surgery.

    RnR, Sep 22, 2011

  3. Monica

    Rick Guest

    What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

    A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
    glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription is set
    for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor. I had
    prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper part was
    set for 24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal reading
    distance.

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 22, 2011
  4. Monica

    Rick Guest

    Ooops, make that "wear" not "ware".

    Rick

    Rick, Sep 22, 2011
  5. Monica

    BillW50 Guest

    On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
    > What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

    My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
    blind in that eye for the rest of her life. And most places make you
    sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
    Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.

    --
    Bill
    Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v3.0

    BillW50, Sep 22, 2011
  6. Monica

    Bob_Villa Guest

    On Sep 22, 11:24 am, BillW50 <> wrote:
    > On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
    >
    > > What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

    > My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
    > blind in that eye for the rest of her life. And most places make you
    > sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
    > Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.
    >

    > > A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
    > > glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription isset
    > > for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor.  I had
    > > prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper part was
    > > set for  24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal reading
    > > distance.

    > > Rick

    > > "RnR"<>  wrote in message

    > >> Do what I did to solve this....   get eye surgery on both eyes and you
    > >> will be amazed how well you see again...  I am.   I won't go into
    > >> detail but it's truly amazing the technology / surgery.

    > --
    > Bill
    > Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Thunderbird v3.0
    > Centrino Core Duo T2400 1.83GHz - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

    ....and that's why they call it a "practice"! B^(

    Bob_Villa, Sep 22, 2011
  7. Monica

    Monica Guest

    I tried to send and email last night saying "oops, wrong newsgroup" but it
    came back saying "address rejected" :eek: It's the same address I've been
    using on newsgroups for years. This was supposed to go to the WLM
    newsgroup.
    Sorry

    Monica, Sep 22, 2011
  8. Monica

    RnR Guest

    On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:11:56 -0400, "Rick" <>
    wrote:

    >What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?
    >
    >A much cheaper method is go to your optometrist (even if you don;t ware
    >glasses) and ask for prescription computer glasses. The prescription is set
    >for what ever distance you typically sit form the computer monitor. I had
    >prescription, computer, bifocal, safety glasses for work. The upper part was
    >set for 24" distance and the bifocal was set for 16", the normal reading
    >distance.
    >
    >Rick

    Depends if you take the long or short view ... which is cheaper. Also
    depends on a lot of other things including health of eyes. I did
    about 80 hours of research before I had my surgery so I felt
    comfortable about my decision but I didn't do it just for the sake of
    a computer of course. Last, I was half kidding when I wrote it to
    Monica but it could be an option with other benefits too as in my
    case. The negative is the cost especially without insurance. BTW,
    in my surgery the success rate was 98% per every study I could read
    and I looked into the 2% failure rate and actually when broken down,
    what concerned me was more like .3% failure.

    RnR, Sep 23, 2011
  9. Monica

    Tony Harding Guest

    On 09/22/11 12:24, BillW50 wrote:
    > On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
    >> What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

    > My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
    > blind in that eye for the rest of her life.

    Did she shop around first and get the cheapest price from some
    dude/chick she'd never seen before? My eyes are an area where I don't
    want to economize - I had both eyes LASIKed in 2002 by the same
    ophthalmologist I'd been going to for 10+ years and who was well
    regarded in his field. My vision was restored to 20/20 with no problems
    (e.g., halos, blindness, etc.) and the glasses restriction on my
    driver's license was removed. Very sorry to hear that your ex is blind
    in that eye (wouldn't wish that on anyone), but people sometimes make
    foolish choices. Plus, there could be medical malpractice involved. If
    your ex did her homework in choosing an eye surgeon and still had a
    problem, that really sucks. :(

    > And most places make you sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
    > Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.

    I cannot think of any situation in which I *haven't* signed a waiver
    before surgery - it's standard procedure, plus the surgeon is required
    to obtain "informed consent". There are no guarantees in life, including
    surgery. :(

    Tony

    Tony Harding, Sep 27, 2011
  10. Monica

    RnR Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:53:36 -0400, Tony Harding
    <> wrote:

    >On 09/22/11 12:24, BillW50 wrote:
    >> On 9/22/2011 11:11 AM, Rick wrote:
    >>> What did that cost? Were you aware of all the possible complications?

    >> My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
    >> blind in that eye for the rest of her life.

    >Did she shop around first and get the cheapest price from some
    >dude/chick she'd never seen before? My eyes are an area where I don't
    >want to economize - I had both eyes LASIKed in 2002 by the same
    >ophthalmologist I'd been going to for 10+ years and who was well
    >regarded in his field. My vision was restored to 20/20 with no problems
    >(e.g., halos, blindness, etc.) and the glasses restriction on my
    >driver's license was removed. Very sorry to hear that your ex is blind
    >in that eye (wouldn't wish that on anyone), but people sometimes make
    >foolish choices. Plus, there could be medical malpractice involved. If
    >your ex did her homework in choosing an eye surgeon and still had a
    >problem, that really sucks. :(
    >
    >> And most places make you sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
    >> Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.

    >I cannot think of any situation in which I *haven't* signed a waiver
    >before surgery - it's standard procedure, plus the surgeon is required
    >to obtain "informed consent". There are no guarantees in life, including
    >surgery. :(
    >
    >Tony

    Well put Tony. There are just too many variables besides the doctor
    for failure and I happen to feel you increase the odds of success (no
    guarantee tho) being informed before making decisions about your own
    care.

    Just to repeat myself tho from an earlier post, I was just half
    kidding when I told Monica to consider eye surgery but it seems some
    people took me seriously.

    RnR, Sep 28, 2011
  11. Monica

    Tony Harding Guest

    On 09/28/11 08:02, RnR wrote:
    > On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 17:53:36 -0400, Tony Harding
    > <> wrote:

    >>> My ex (after she was my ex) had laser eye surgery. She ended up being
    >>> blind in that eye for the rest of her life.

    >> Did she shop around first and get the cheapest price from some
    >> dude/chick she'd never seen before? My eyes are an area where I don't
    >> want to economize - I had both eyes LASIKed in 2002 by the same
    >> ophthalmologist I'd been going to for 10+ years and who was well
    >> regarded in his field. My vision was restored to 20/20 with no problems
    >> (e.g., halos, blindness, etc.) and the glasses restriction on my
    >> driver's license was removed. Very sorry to hear that your ex is blind
    >> in that eye (wouldn't wish that on anyone), but people sometimes make
    >> foolish choices. Plus, there could be medical malpractice involved. If
    >> your ex did her homework in choosing an eye surgeon and still had a
    >> problem, that really sucks. :(
    >>
    >>> And most places make you sign a waver nowadays. Which means basically if something goes wrong...
    >>> Oops! Sorry. And that is about it.

    >> I cannot think of any situation in which I *haven't* signed a waiver
    >> before surgery - it's standard procedure, plus the surgeon is required
    >> to obtain "informed consent". There are no guarantees in life, including
    >> surgery. :(
    >>
    >> Tony

    > Well put Tony. There are just too many variables besides the doctor
    > for failure and I happen to feel you increase the odds of success (no
    > guarantee tho) being informed before making decisions about your own
    > care.
    >
    > Just to repeat myself tho from an earlier post, I was just half
    > kidding when I told Monica to consider eye surgery but it seems some
    > people took me seriously.

    No problemo. :)

    Tony Harding, Oct 1, 2011