    Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
    changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
    motherboard?)

    smlunatick, Jul 27, 2009

  2. smlunatick

    deimos Guest

    smlunatick wrote:
    > I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
    > new GTX 275 one. I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.
    >
    > Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
    > changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
    > motherboard?)

    Nope.

    deimos, Jul 28, 2009

  3. smlunatick

    smlunatick Guest

    On Jul 27, 9:39 pm, smlunatick <> wrote:
    > I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
    > new GTX 275 one.  I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.
    >
    > Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
    > changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
    > motherboard?)

    Just to close this post thread. The newer nVidia drivers appear to
    automatically start the driver uninstall router when you remove the
    video card from Device Manager. This is at least for Windows XP Pro
    SP3 32 bit.

    smlunatick, Jul 29, 2009
  4. smlunatick

    tonyk Guest

    smlunatick <> wrote in news:6e926f4f-4e30-4320-9233-
    :

    > On Jul 27, 9:39 pm, smlunatick <> wrote:
    >> I will be swapping out my low-end 9600GT video card with a spanking
    >> new GTX 275 one.  I am currently have the 190.38 WHQL drivers.
    >>
    >> Do I need to remove and reinstall the drivers even if I am only
    >> changing a video card (can not run SLi on the single PCIe x16 based
    >> motherboard?)

    > Just to close this post thread. The newer nVidia drivers appear to
    > automatically start the driver uninstall router when you remove the
    > video card from Device Manager. This is at least for Windows XP Pro
    > SP3 32 bit.

    They do, and they also start the uninstall if you just change drivers,
    retro or ahead.

    TonyK

    tonyk, Jul 31, 2009