    can't get internet access on that computer without these.
    thanks.
    Jayson
    capf, May 4, 2007

  2. capf

    LouieG Guest

    capf wrote:
    > Hello. My Dell Inspiron 600m crashed a few months ago. I've had to
    > reinstall windows. The problem is I can't find the 2nd cd in the
    > installation process. So I have missing drivers. My device manager
    > says I'm missing the following:
    > Ethernet Controller
    > Multimedia Audio Controller
    > Network Controller
    > PCI Modem
    > Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
    > I went to the Dell download page for drivers, but I don't see any of
    > these when I type in my service tag number. Can anyone help me. I
    > can't get internet access on that computer without these.
    > thanks.
    > Jayson

    you should be able to find all your drivers here.
    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...D=INS_PNT_PM_600M&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
    first item to get should be the Intel mobile driver set
    http://support.dell.com/support/dow...-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=27&fileid=70519
    LouieG, May 4, 2007

  3. capf

    Journey Guest

    On 4 May 2007 15:21:11 -0700, capf <> wrote:

    >Hello. My Dell Inspiron 600m crashed a few months ago. I've had to
    >reinstall windows. The problem is I can't find the 2nd cd in the
    >installation process. So I have missing drivers. My device manager
    >says I'm missing the following:
    >Ethernet Controller
    >Multimedia Audio Controller
    >Network Controller
    >PCI Modem
    >Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
    >I went to the Dell download page for drivers, but I don't see any of
    >these when I type in my service tag number. Can anyone help me. I
    >can't get internet access on that computer without these.
    >thanks.
    >Jayson

    You can create an account to use the Dell website to download drivers.
    When you are logged on to your account, you can add the service tag(s)
    of your computer(s). In addition to drivers, it's handy to see things
    like how much time is left on your warranty.

    I don't know the correct sequence of drivers to install. Someone
    recently posted it. I usually do the chipset driver first, then video
    and sound, and take it from there.

    If you have any problems setting up your account post back here and
    maybe I can help. It shouldn't be too difficult. You can access "My
    Account" from a link at the top of Dell's home page (www.dell.com).
    Journey, May 5, 2007
  4. capf

    Ben Myers Guest

    Install motherboard chipset drivers absolutely first. The others can be
    installed in any order. It's nice to install the video drivers early on to see
    better what you are doing. Then, for me, it's usually Ethernet or wifi.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 5, 2007