    Do I need to remove the holder thing in front where the infrared thingy is
    attached?

    Clueless I is. Need help.
    richard, Jan 1, 2011

  2. richard

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, richard <> wrote:
    >Could HP designers made life any more difficult than the placement of
    >drives in a way to get to them easier?
    >Of course not.
    >Since my machine crapped out, I want to remove the SATA drives.
    >But, have run into a snag. The drives are under a cage for one of the
    >pocket/personal media drives.
    >
    >Visible screws and plugs have been removed.
    >The ass-a-nine graphics on the cage shows some kind of tool needs to be
    >inserted and the cage assembly should move? With a little force?
    >Or am I missing something here?
    >
    >When I pry the cage with a screwdriver, it does not budge at all.
    >
    >Do I need to remove the holder thing in front where the infrared thingy is
    >attached?
    >
    >Clueless I is. Need help.

    http://h10025.www1.hp.
    com/ewfrf/wc/document?
    docname=c01176906&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3629361&rule=16066&lang=en

    or here is a TINY link version of the above link

    http://tiny.cc/xh6km

    Use a flatblad screwdriver
    GMAN, Jan 2, 2011

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 02:48:49 GMT, GMAN wrote:

    > In article <>, richard <> wrote:
    >>Could HP designers made life any more difficult than the placement of
    >>drives in a way to get to them easier?
    >>Of course not.
    >>Since my machine crapped out, I want to remove the SATA drives.
    >>But, have run into a snag. The drives are under a cage for one of the
    >>pocket/personal media drives.
    >>
    >>Visible screws and plugs have been removed.
    >>The ass-a-nine graphics on the cage shows some kind of tool needs to be
    >>inserted and the cage assembly should move? With a little force?
    >>Or am I missing something here?
    >>
    >>When I pry the cage with a screwdriver, it does not budge at all.
    >>
    >>Do I need to remove the holder thing in front where the infrared thingy is
    >>attached?
    >>
    >>Clueless I is. Need help.

    > http://h10025.www1.hp.
    > com/ewfrf/wc/document?
    > docname=c01176906&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3629361&rule=16066&lang=en
    >

    > or here is a TINY link version of the above link
    >
    > http://tiny.cc/xh6km
    >

    > Use a flatblad screwdriver

    thank you. Just what I needed to know. I just need the proper tool to
    release the latch now.
    richard, Jan 2, 2011
  4. richard

    Pannawonica Guest