    combinations of options in the bios, all of which seemed obvious but to no
    avail. Can anyone put me on the right track or better still lead me step by
    step through the conversion?

    Brian Griffin, Mar 23, 2009

  2. Brian Griffin

    OldMan Guest

    You cannot remove raid 0 you have to clean install your o/s & programs,
    setting your sys to none raid environment. Refer to your mobo manual, for
    none raid bios settings

    OldMan, Mar 23, 2009

  3. Hi Oldman, although at 57 myself perhaps I should say fellow old man.
    Thanks for the post, I'll investigate further and get back to you.
    Cheers,
    Brian

    Brian Griffin, Mar 23, 2009
  4. Brian Griffin

    Onsokumaru Guest

    You should be able to create a disk image.

    Break RAID, then restore image to single disk, assuming it's on the same
    machine.

    I haven't done it with your particular chipset though.

    Onsokumaru, Mar 24, 2009
  5. Brian Griffin

    OldMan Guest

    I pre date you :(
    The other post (Image) is a good idea

    OldMan, Mar 24, 2009
  6. After several days of trial and error, I have (partially) done what I set
    out to do. To break the RAID, I had to CTRL+I to enter the ICH5R RAID
    utility, and used this to "break" the RAID or whatever the word was. After
    further trial and error, I have now got XP working on one of the drives that
    originally formed the RAID, unfortunately this drive is now labelled "I". I
    have copied an image of this drive to the other former RAID drive and
    labelled this drive "C". I went back into the BIOS to get it to boot from
    drive C, but changing the drive boot sequence did not have the desired
    effect but just changed over the names of the drives which I had given them.
    The computer still boots from drive I. How do I get it to boot from drive C,
    which is incidentally "active"?
    Cheers,
    Brian

    Brian Griffin, Mar 28, 2009
  7. Brian Griffin

    Ganeshs

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2009
    Messages:
    22
    which OS do you have on your box ?

    Ganeshs, Mar 28, 2009
  8. Brian Griffin

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:17:18 -0000, "OldMan"
    <> wrote:

    >You cannot remove raid 0 you have to clean install your o/s & programs,
    >setting your sys to none raid environment. Refer to your mobo manual, for
    >none raid bios settings

    While true please don't top post.

    >"Brian Griffin" <> wrote in message
    >> At the moment I have a Gigabyte GA 8KNXP v2 with an ICH5R RAID 0 across
    >> two SATA WD Raptor 36gb HDDs for OS, progs and data. I also have a single
    >> WD Caviar 250gb HDD on the Sil3112 for backup. I want to get rid of the
    >> RAID and just use the raptors as two separate drives on the ICH5R, one
    >> drive for the OS and programs and the other drive for data. I have tried
    >> various combinations of options in the bios, all of which seemed obvious
    >> but to no avail. Can anyone put me on the right track or better still lead
    >> me step by step through the conversion?

    ==========
    "Christians, it is needless to say, utterly detest each other. They
    slander each other constantly with the vilest forms of abuse and cannot
    come to any sort of agreement in their teachings. Each sect brands its
    own, fills the head of its own with deceitful nonsense, and makes perfect
    little pigs of those it wins over to its side."
    [R.J.Hoffmann]

    Barry OGrady, Aug 8, 2009
  9. Brian Griffin

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:29:34 -0000, "Brian Griffin"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Oldman, although at 57 myself perhaps I should say fellow old man.
    >Thanks for the post, I'll investigate further and get back to you.

    Follow proper posting standards by not top posting.

    Barry OGrady, Aug 8, 2009
  10. Brian Griffin

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 28 Mar 2009 13:33:27 -0000, "Brian Griffin"
    <> wrote:

    >After several days of trial and error, I have (partially) done what I set
    >out to do. To break the RAID, I had to CTRL+I to enter the ICH5R RAID
    >utility, and used this to "break" the RAID or whatever the word was. After
    >further trial and error, I have now got XP working on one of the drives that
    >originally formed the RAID, unfortunately this drive is now labelled "I". I
    >have copied an image of this drive to the other former RAID drive and
    >labelled this drive "C". I went back into the BIOS to get it to boot from
    >drive C, but changing the drive boot sequence did not have the desired
    >effect but just changed over the names of the drives which I had given them.
    >The computer still boots from drive I. How do I get it to boot from drive C,
    >which is incidentally "active"?

    First of all don'y top post. It messes up the attributions.

    You need to make the drive you want to boot from C: then do a fresh
    install on that drive.
    If you change the drive letter Windows will no longer boot.

    Barry OGrady, Aug 8, 2009