Replaced mobo and cpu on Gateway 450 and still same problem!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by rkattufts, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. rkattufts

    rkattufts

    This is a puzzler for me.

    I recieved an old Gateway 450sx4 from my mother. It sounded like it had overheated or some such thing. Anyway, I replaced the CPU. Still broken. I replaced the motherboard. Still broken.

    Here is the problem though....

    When I turn it on, all that happens is the power light comes on and stays on. The cpu cooler starts up, but nothing else. Nothing. Just sits there.

    And the strangest part is that I have to unplug or kick out the battery to TURN IT OFF!

    There are only 3 major parts to this beast. Mobo - CPU - LCD. I have tried booting with no memory, HD, etc. Same problem. With mem, HD, etc in. Same problem. Every screen combo.

    All the same problem.

    No beep codes either.

    So what is wrong? The CPU and the mobo are new! Shouldn't they do something?

    rkattufts, Aug 20, 2007