Replacement battery for T-40?

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by mistercrisp, Jul 1, 2009.

  1. mistercrisp

    mistercrisp Guest

    I am looking for suggestions for a reliable seller for a replacement
    battery for my T-40
    I see a whole bunch of "dealers" on the web, for non OEM batteries, and
    I have bought the cheaper batteries in the past for other computers.
    But some of these places seem to have only been in business for a short
    time.

    I would appreciate any suggestions on a reliable place to buy a battery.

    Thanks,

    Ken
    --
    to email directly, remove "ECM" from email address in header

    1. Advertising

  2. John Navas

    John Navas Guest

    [Follow-up set to comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad]
    On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 18:20:58 GMT, mistercrisp
    <> wrote in

    I've been happy with ThinkPad batteries from <http://www.bestcompu.com/>

    --
    Best regards, You are cordially invited to participate in the
    John official ThinkPad group news:comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad

    1. Advertising

  3. motzanews58

    motzanews58 Guest

    mistercrisp said the following on 7/1/2009 2:20 PM:
    > I am looking for suggestions for a reliable seller for a replacement
    > battery for my T-40..

    I've been happy with www.powermega.com

    I purchased the extended battery CL741B-862
    Name: Replacement (extra) Laptop battery for IBM ThinkPad T40 /
    T41 / T42 / T43 / R50 Series

    ...for my T40p. I get about 5 hours from it with the screen always on,
    and the hdd spinning.

  4. motzanews58

    motzanews58 Guest

    mistercrisp said the following on 7/6/2009 11:35 PM:
    > Thanks very much for both suggestions. Strangely, neither of the
    > companies is listed at resellerratings.com... Hmmm...

    Never heard of resellerratings. I would assume it's a voluntary user
    site anyway. But you can't go wrong with powermega.com.

    ...Aug

  5. mistercrisp

    mistercrisp Guest

    I am not sure of the details of how resellerratings.com works, but I
    think it is based on reports of people like us reporting our
    experiences. What it does for me is keep me away from a really bad
    seller. I always check there when looking for a new merchant. There
    are a lot of merchants who are not represented, however.

    Ken

    --
    to email directly, remove "ECM" from email address in header