    Do you have heard from some adapters ?
    Have a nice week-end.
    Lo

    Lo, Mar 4, 2005

  2. Lo

    dino Guest

    no PCI-E is a totally diferent interface...it would be about the same as
    trying to put your vid card in a PCI slot...adapters..no. And if you are
    willing to go to a PCI-E board and a CPU to go with it...more than likely
    your old vid card would just be a bottle neck.

    dino, Mar 4, 2005

  3. Lo

    bill Guest

    there are a few mother boards that have both agp and pci-e

    bill, Mar 4, 2005
  4. Lo

    DaveW Guest

    You CANNOT use your AGP card with a PCI-Express motherboard.

    --
    DaveW

    DaveW, Mar 5, 2005
  5. Lo

    Todd Sauve Guest

    In fact, Via makes a chipset that allows the use of both AGP and PCI-E video cards on the
    same motherboard. Not simultaneously, but it does allow you to get over that extra expense
    until you can afford it.
    --
    Todd

    Todd Sauve, Mar 5, 2005
  6. Lo wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    > I have agp 4x ati card which i'd
    > like to keep until it is necessary to change...
    > but i need new cpu. My question is, if i get new pci-express
    > mainboard, will i be able to use it anymore ?
    > Do you have heard from some adapters ?
    > Have a nice week-end.
    > Lo

    I have a 9700 Pro that I saw no need to upgrade (especially since
    comparable or better cards are almost non-existent) when I upgraded. I
    went with an ASUS P5P800 motherboard which allowed me to use the new
    LGA775 socket Pentium 4s (I went with the 3.4 GHz model). The board
    uses standard DDR RAM instead of DDR2 so if you already have suitable
    memory you won't have to replace that also.

    Michael W. Ryder, Mar 7, 2005