    I put a Seagate brand in there if I pull out an HP brand out? What
    range of sizes are available to install?

    Thanks
    Tomtom99, Jun 24, 2006

  2. Tomtom99

    came Guest

    go to www.belarc.com download the software it will tell you everything
    about your system

    also thsi link on hp will help
    http://learning.compaq.com/wbt/e9-10200-wb/default.htm

    came, Jun 24, 2006

  3. Tomtom99

    Tomtom99 Guest

    Thanks for the utility. I am sure it will help determine the vendor of
    my hard drive. Do I have to put in that exact replacement hard drive.
    If not, how can I find out what manufacturers model of drive will work?
    Tomtom99, Jun 25, 2006
  4. Tomtom99

    Ben Myers Guest

    Any brand of 2.5" standard IDE notebook drive will do. I suggest steering away
    from Toshiba, because I have serviced a lot of notebooks with failing or failed
    Toshiba drives. Seagate and Fujitsu are good, and Hitachi is pretty good, too.

    You can install a drive larger than 20GB in capacity, at least 30GB and possibly
    more. But I do not know the BIOS limitations on hard drive capacity.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Jun 26, 2006