    Guess the time to consider a replacement has arrived. Any
    recommendations or warnings? Obviously those with the same model I hope
    will add to the comments.

    Jim, Jul 13, 2008

  2. Jim wrote:
    > I've got a 3 year old Aspire 3002LCi. A software diagnostic reported my
    > battery as being only 44% even though it was fully charged. Not too
    > surprising as since day one I've been lucky to get 30 minutes of battery
    > time.
    >
    > Guess the time to consider a replacement has arrived. Any
    > recommendations or warnings? Obviously those with the same model I hope
    > will add to the comments.

    Pacific Battery is a good place to get a replacement battery.
    Ebay is good as well. Make sure the battery is the same model as the
    one you have.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Jul 14, 2008

  3. Jim

    Jake Guest

    On Jul 13, 1:34 pm, Jim <> wrote:
    > I've got a 3 year old Aspire 3002LCi.  A software diagnostic reported my
    > battery as being only 44% even though it was fully charged.  Not too
    > surprising as since day one I've been lucky to get 30 minutes of battery
    > time.
    >
    > Guess the time to consider a replacement has arrived.  Any
    > recommendations or warnings?  Obviously those with the same model I hope
    > will add to the comments.

    I had good luck on ebay..Price about 1/2 of usual price.I do not
    have the same model as you, but I suppose that you have followed
    the calibration instructions which include a complete charge and
    discharge
    in order to get the charge indicator to read correctly. The
    replacement
    battery should be completely discharged and fully recharged about
    three times although it is a Lithium..Mine was four years old..Luck!!!

    Jake, Jul 14, 2008
  4. Jim

    Jeff Guest

    These guys are good for Canada/USA. Got a replacement for my 3003 about a
    year ago that is still going strong.
    http://www.intelligentbatteries.ca/Product.asp?ID=N00119502
    Jeff

    Jeff, Jul 16, 2008
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:48:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:

    > These guys are good for Canada/USA. Got a replacement for my 3003 about
    > a year ago that is still going strong.
    > http://www.intelligentbatteries.ca/Product.asp?ID=N00119502 Jeff

    Did you notice any performance increase beyond that of when the computer
    was new? In other words is the battery performance and better than that
    which shipped new on the computer?

    Jim, Jul 16, 2008