Replacement mobo for Dell Dimension 3100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Reg Drapeau, Oct 3, 2006.

  1. Reg Drapeau

    Reg Drapeau Guest

    Anyone successful at replacing the motherboard on a Dell Dimension 3100 with
    an after market board? I have three new 3100's and they don't have PCIx16
    slots...just PCI x1 slots. Intel has a MicroBTX board that looks like it
    may (work.http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/cz/cz_available.htm)
    but I'm told it may still not fit in Dell's proprietary case.

    Thanks.