Replacement of Unixware system SavWareHA ( sentinel ) software

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by zke007, Oct 21, 2009.

  1. zke007

    zke007 Guest

    We are currently rehosting a small application that sit on a HP ML 370
    G2 running on Unixware, there are two box identical both in
    application and OS ( unixware ) level. And we use Avnet SavWareHA.
    ( www.savwareha.com ) to keep the application data current on both
    box. One is Primary and other is Standby and this software package
    keeps the data current on each box.

    My problem is we are told we have to port this application over to Sun
    Solaris 10 using HP ML350 G3’s , Does anybody know of a package that
    is similar that will sit on Solaris 10 and keep identical machines
    ( note: this is internal drives, not external hardware,,, Ya, Ya, I
    didn’t buy hardware ) data current.

    Please note that is SavWareHA is End of Life (EOL ) and only good for
    SCO anyway.

    Thank
    Neal Zierke
    zke007, Oct 21, 2009

  2. * zke007:
    > We are currently rehosting a small application that sit on a HP ML 370
    > G2

    Well, the ProLiant original ML370 G2 are still true Compaq machines, not HP.

    > My problem is we are told we have to port this application over to Sun
    > Solaris 10 using HP ML350 G3’s , Does anybody know of a package that
    > is similar that will sit on Solaris 10 and keep identical machines
    > ( note: this is internal drives, not external hardware,,, Ya, Ya, I
    > didn’t buy hardware ) data current.

    I don't know of any package that supports(!) (means: supported by the
    vendor) Solaris 10 on such old crates. While Solaris 10 x86 will run
    just fine on the HP ProLiant ML350 G3 and even your old Compaq ProLiant
    ML370 G2 (BTDT), HP doesn't support Solaris on these machines (and I'm
    not sure if Sun does).

    I don't think it makes any sense purchasing any software for your old
    Pentium3-based Compaq ProLiants, really not, and not only because the
    hardware becomes unsupportable. If the application is important you
    should replace your two ancient servers with something new, probably a
    single new machine with good internal redundancy (newer servers have
    much better reliability/redundancy features than your old boxes) should
    be able to replace both old servers.

    Benjamin
    Benjamin Gawert, Oct 23, 2009