Replacing a laptop hard drive

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by gold, Mar 7, 2011.

  1. gold

    gold Guest

    Hi,

    I have an old Toshiba laptop. It's got a pentium 4. The hard drive
    broke and I want to replace with a working HD. My question is what
    kind of hard drive do I get? Are all laptop hard drives (backward)
    compatible and will work? Or will only a special kind of hard drive
    work and/or fit correctly? Thanks.

    1. Advertising

  2. ED

    ED Guest

    "gold" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an old Toshiba laptop. It's got a pentium 4. The hard drive
    > broke and I want to replace with a working HD. My question is what
    > kind of hard drive do I get? Are all laptop hard drives (backward)
    > compatible and will work? Or will only a special kind of hard drive
    > work and/or fit correctly? Thanks.

    Go here and select the choices:
    http://www.drivesolutions.com/upgrade/toshiba.shtml

    1. Advertising

  3. Bob Villa

    Bob Villa Guest

    On Mar 7, 9:50 am, gold <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an old Toshiba laptop. It's got a pentium 4. The hard drive
    > broke and I want to replace with a working HD. My question is what
    > kind of hard drive do I get? Are all laptop  hard drives (backward)
    > compatible and will work? Or will only a special kind of hard drive
    > work and/or fit correctly? Thanks.

    See what you need (Ed's suggestion) and check the price at NewEgg.com.