    info on which capacitors to replace and the degree of difficulty
    involved ? Any help is apreciated.

    Nir Gilboa

    Nir Gilboa, Nov 2, 2005

  2. Nir Gilboa

    Dodgy Guest

    On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:42:40 +0200, Nir Gilboa <>
    waffled on about something:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a Shuttle AV11V30 mb which is completely dead. I did some reading
    >and found out the mb is known to have faulty capacitors. Anyone have any
    >info on which capacitors to replace and the degree of difficulty
    >involved ? Any help is apreciated.
    >
    >Nir Gilboa

    I managed to do the ones on an FV25 board a while ago... The faulty
    ones are generally easy to spot, the top will have bulged and or the
    contents will have oozed out.

    They will all be electrolytic type (look like little dustbins).

    Nice article and pictures here
    http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_30328/article.html

    They weren't that tricky to replace, the biggest problem was finding
    the correct values. They all seemed to be odd sizes. I ended up having
    to combine some in parallel.

    If you're good with a soldering iron and solder sucker, you should be
    able to do it.

    At the end of the day it's a dead board, the worst that can happen is
    it will still be a dead board with a few $/£'s worth of new capacitors
    on it.

    Dodgy.
    --
    MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES