Replacing DVD drive in Aspire 3100

Discussion in 'Acer' started by Molesworth, Feb 14, 2008.

  1. Molesworth

    Molesworth Guest

    Thanks to whoever recommended the Sony drive.

    I bought a new one on ebay for $36.00.

    Downloaded the manual (just in case)

    1. Remove battery.
    2. Remove large cover on the base.
    3. Undo screw at the back end of the DVD player (It's under the removed
    cover)
    4. Using a flat screwdriver, push the drive out using a small hole
    provided next to the screw you've just removed..
    5. There is a bracket on the back of the drive which you'll have to
    change over.

    Reassembly is the reverse of the above.

    Easy.

    Thanks again.