    the board where they're soldered, and plugged in the new fan? Would it
    short or something because I didn't solder a new fan to the board?

    Thanks.
    Rob, Mar 18, 2005

  2. Hi,

    Just removing the fan will not short anything on most psu's. Just make
    sure the cut off wire parts are isolated well but I guess you figured
    that yourself already.
    I use an old box (Pentium 200) for NAT and Routing myself where I even
    left the psu-fan out to make it more silent. I added a larger heat
    sink instead. It is up and running for 2 years now without a power
    failure.

    Good luck.

    Emile Jackson, Mar 22, 2005