  1. Which of the new ATI PCI Express cards are comparable to a 9800 pro
    128mb?

    Thanks for any info.

    Griffin McKorn, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Griffin McKorn

    Inglo Guest

    On 10/3/2004 10:56 AM Griffin McKorn brightened our day with:

    >Which of the new ATI PCI Express cards are comparable to a 9800 pro
    >128mb?
    >
    >Thanks for any info.

    Umm, the X700 maybe, it's faster than the 9800 XT 256 Mb by a good
    chunk, it's an 8 pixel pipeline card in comparison to the X800's 12 and
    X800 XTs 16. The X600 PCI-E, on the other hand, is definitely slower
    than the 9800 Pro 128 Mb.

    4 pixel pipes - 9600 series, X600
    8 pixel pipes - 9800 series, X700
    12 pixel pipes - X800 Pro
    16 pixel pipes - X800 XT

    --
    "...forged but accurate."

    Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
    www.inglostadt.com

    Inglo, Oct 3, 2004

  3. On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:17:54 GMT, Inglo <ioo@??.¿¿¿> wrote:

    >On 10/3/2004 10:56 AM Griffin McKorn brightened our day with:
    >
    >>Which of the new ATI PCI Express cards are comparable to a 9800 pro
    >>128mb?
    >>
    >>Thanks for any info.
    >>

    >Umm, the X700 maybe, it's faster than the 9800 XT 256 Mb by a good
    >chunk, it's an 8 pixel pipeline card in comparison to the X800's 12 and
    >X800 XTs 16. The X600 PCI-E, on the other hand, is definitely slower
    >than the 9800 Pro 128 Mb.
    >
    >4 pixel pipes - 9600 series, X600
    >8 pixel pipes - 9800 series, X700
    >12 pixel pipes - X800 Pro