restore problems and ?'s

Discussion in 'Packard Bell' started by jeptha@telus.net, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Since i was finally able to retire my old PB i thought it was time to
    put it back to good uses from it's time. The drive was backed up and
    the case opened. I removed all the cards and removed the powerleap so
    it could be used in another pc. A pentium 166 with mmx was installed
    and the jumpers were set. The origional hard drive was in storage and
    after installing it i realized i had a problem. The origional restore
    disks were long gone but i still had the restore disks for a different
    pb which i successfully used on this pc. The drive that contained the
    format number has since died but i still have it on a piece of paper.
    Now, when i tried the restore and recovery disk i found out it was dead
    so i used a win 98 boot disk and using it's cd support ran the recovery
    cd that way. last time i ran the software on this pc i did not yet have
    the mr. bios update however now i do have it, all the system
    information that you could see in the system credintals program can not
    be found and some books did not appear in the bookshelf after the
    restore was finished. Is this information stored on the bios?

    finally, i do have the disk numbers for the computer i am restoring:

    -Dead floppy
    -Packard bell restore and recovery disk ver. 2.1W, BPCS#146734

    I also have the numbers for the disks that origionally shipped with the
    pc:

    -Restore Diskette: 142650-03
    -Master restore cd: 170904
    -Navigator CD: 170894-02

    now, i really don't want to pay a fortune for new disks but if anyone
    has these disks or is willing to send me a copy for a good price it
    would really help.
    Thanks.

    , Nov 12, 2005

  2. Elector Guest

    <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > -Dead floppy
    > -Packard bell restore and recovery disk ver. 2.1W, BPCS#146734
    >
    > I also have the numbers for the disks that origionally shipped with
    > the
    > pc:
    >
    > -Restore Diskette: 142650-03
    > -Master restore cd: 170904
    > -Navigator CD: 170894-02
    >
    > now, i really don't want to pay a fortune for new disks but if
    > anyone
    > has these disks or is willing to send me a copy for a good price it
    > would really help.
    > Thanks.

    I think Metronid may be able to assist. he has great knowledge in
    these disks as well as Simon in the UK.

    Elector

    Elector, Nov 13, 2005

  3. metronid Guest

    I have a copy of 170990-04
    It should be almost a perfect match for your original computer
    I haveb also a copy of the restore floppy

    metronid, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Elector Guest

    "metronid" <> wrote in message
    >I have a copy of 170990-04
    > It should be almost a perfect match for your original computer
    > I haveb also a copy of the restore floppy

    I knew you were the man!

    Elector

    Elector, Nov 14, 2005
  5. Guest

    great!
    would you e-mail it or mail it?

    , Nov 15, 2005
  6. metronid Guest

    I can mail it
    NEED THE ADDRESS

    metronid, Nov 15, 2005
  7. Guest

    before i give you the address do i have to pay for the shipping?
    also, i will send you the address via email

    , Nov 15, 2005
  8. metronid Guest

    The shipping is about 1 dollar
    Just return it with 3 US POSTAGE stamps
    after you receive the item
    It is no big deal

    metronid, Nov 15, 2005
  9. Guest

    email me.

    I will give you the mailing information.
    yes, i am using my fathers account.

    , Nov 16, 2005
  10. Guest

    Thanks man. Now all i need is the navigator cd. (Navigator CD:
    170894-02 )
    I will just look around for it.

    , Nov 17, 2005