    controller is a 64bit PCI card.

    Thanks

    Paul

    Paul Morriss, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Paul Morriss

    Paul Morriss Guest

    I am in the unfortunate situation where by the company are willing to buy
    lots of expensive PC based equipment thats "off the shelf" but point blank
    refuse to buy Sun workstations.

    The machine it will be connecting to is a 32 bit PC system with an Emulex
    LP8000 card in.

    Helllp :)

    Paul

    Paul Morriss, Aug 19, 2003

    Daniel C. Kreuzer, Aug 19, 2003
  4. Paul Morriss wrote:

    > I have recently got my hands on a Sun Storage Array Model 100 (the 30
    > drive unit) which has fibre channel connectors, does anyone know if it's
    > possible to connect this up to a Windows based machine as the Fibre
    > controller is a 64bit PCI card.

    No, it won't work. The fibre channel is an older, slower version
    that's not widely supported.

    -am © 2003

    Anthony Mandic, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Paul Morriss

    Paul Morriss Guest

    Can the fibre channel controllers be changed or frigged to make it
    compatible?

    Paul Morriss, Aug 20, 2003
  6. Paul Morriss wrote:
    > Can the fibre channel controllers be changed or frigged to make it
    > compatible?
    >
    > "Anthony Mandic" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Paul Morriss wrote:
    >>

    >>> I have recently got my hands on a Sun Storage Array Model 100(the 30
    >>>drive unit) which has fibre channel connectors, does anyone know if it's
    >>>possible to connect this up to a Windows based machine as the Fibre
    >>>controller is a 64bit PCI card.

    >>No, it won't work. The fibre channel is an older, slower version
    >>that's not widely supported.
    >>
    >>-am © 2003

    The Sun Storage Array Model 100 used the
    25 MByte/s generation 1 Fiberchannel

    This was in the 1995 timeframe

    If you want to use that array you will need
    a Sun Workstation like the Sparcstation 20
    or Ultra 1 or Ultra 2 with the SBUS SUN
    25 MB/s fibrechannel card.

    Lars Tunkrans
    smtp: lars dot tunkrans at bredband dot net

    Lars Tunkrans, Aug 20, 2003
  7. Dans article <ovR0b.67549$>,
    disait...

    > The Sun Storage Array Model 100 used the
    > 25 MByte/s generation 1 Fiberchannel

    Theorically 1GB FC should be compatible, isn't it?

    --
    Quis, quid, ubi, quibus auxiliis, cur, quomodo, quando?

    Emmanuel Florac, Aug 20, 2003