s2469 + pci video cards = no post?!

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by Lazar, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. Lazar

    Lazar Guest

    Hi All,

    Working system:
    Tyan s2469 Thunder Pro
    Dual Athlon MP 2600+
    1GB (kingston) ram
    Netcell syncraid 5000 pata raid + drives
    M-Audio audiophile 24/96
    ATI All in wonder 9600 Pro AGP

    I'm looking for a PCI card that will enable two more CRT/LCD displays.
    I hope that you guys have some experience here.

    I have tried a few Radeon 9250 PCI models except the built-by ATI
    version since it only has one CRT and one s-video out.

    Even when I pull out all the cards (including the AGP) the board does
    not post. Video does not kick over.

    Tried playing with many bios options, reducing devices, I even tried
    slowing down PCI bus 1 to 33 Mhz; Onboard is disabled in bios and
    Jumpered closed.

    What is listed on the Tyan website for PCI tested cards is a very old
    Nvidia based card. I can't even find it on froogle or ebay. Has anyone
    tested or is using an ATI-based PCI video card? If I have to change
    out the All in wonder I will but I do like the performance of the
    system when the extra PCI card is out of the slot--still have to see
    how it fares fully rendering music.

    I hope you can help.
    -M

    Lazar, Sep 14, 2005