    Event ID: 9
    Date: 01/07/2006
    Time: 3:15:27 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: PMCI-00
    The device, \Device\Scsi\aarich1, did not respond within the timeout
    period.

    Thanks,

    Peter

    , Jul 1, 2006

  2. Jim Guest

    wrote:

    Peter,

    I don't know anything about your *specific* RAID problem, but I know
    that I had to upgrade the firmware in my Maxtor drives for them to work
    properly in RAID with my AMCC/3ware controller.

    I'd first make certain you have the latest firmware for the drives.

    I also had to upgrade my power supply. It takes lots of power to start
    at least four drives fast enough for the RAID controller to see them.

    I hope this helps!

    Jim

    Jim, Jul 2, 2006

  3. Guest

    I'll look into it.

    Thanks,

    Peter
    Jim wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > Peter,
    >
    > I don't know anything about your *specific* RAID problem, but I know
    > that I had to upgrade the firmware in my Maxtor drives for them to work
    > properly in RAID with my AMCC/3ware controller.
    >
    > I'd first make certain you have the latest firmware for the drives.
    >
    > I also had to upgrade my power supply. It takes lots of power to start
    > at least four drives fast enough for the RAID controller to see them.
    >
    > I hope this helps!
    >
    > Jim

    , Jul 4, 2006
  4. Guest

    did this work for you? i'm using western digitals... it only occurs
    when i try to start the adapted io manager service after i fixed hte
    imagepath problem identified by the adaptec support site.

    wrote:
    > I'll look into it.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter
    > Jim wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > Peter,
    > >
    > > I don't know anything about your *specific* RAID problem, but I know
    > > that I had to upgrade the firmware in my Maxtor drives for them to work
    > > properly in RAID with my AMCC/3ware controller.
    > >
    > > I'd first make certain you have the latest firmware for the drives.
    > >
    > > I also had to upgrade my power supply. It takes lots of power to start
    > > at least four drives fast enough for the RAID controller to see them.
    > >
    > > I hope this helps!
    > >
    > > Jim

    , Jul 27, 2006