    the Case Cooler master HAF-X removable 3.5" hard drive rack?
    thanks
    , Apr 19, 2012

  2. Paul Guest

    Re: Sabertooth x58 and Cooler Maste HAF-Xr:can I use Corsair SSD2.5'' 120GB Force GT F120 Sata3?

    wrote:
    > Hi, I have this hardware config:
    >
    > WD CAVIAR BLACK 500GB 64MB CACHE per il Sistema Operativo (windows 7
    > x64)
    > Case Cooler master HAF-X
    > ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
    > INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB
    > CORSAIR DDR3 1600 12GB 3 blocchi
    > In you opinion can I use
    >
    > a Corsair SSD 2.5'' 120GB Force GT F120 Sata3?
    > If it is possible, will I need an adapter for putting that SSD inside
    > the Case Cooler master HAF-X removable 3.5" hard drive rack?
    > thanks

    Is this the same F120 model ?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233125

    "At this point we have 12 dead out of 40 and multiple models of
    computers that they have failed in. Average time to failure is
    2 weeks, though some have failed in as little as 2 days. We've
    switched over to the Intel 320 Series"

    Before buying an SSD, always find some customer reviews!

    *******

    With regard to storage devices, you can buy adapters. You can
    adapt a 2.5" drive, to fit in a 3.5" space, or a 3.5" drive
    to fit in a 5.25" space. There is always an adapter, somewhere,
    which you can use.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817994085

    Paul
    Paul, Apr 20, 2012

  3. geoff Guest

    Newegg has pretty good ssd video on their ssd product web page. It goes
    into a lot including adaptors.

    I never realized that PCI ssd's were so fast.

    --g
    geoff, Apr 20, 2012
  4. Paul Guest

    geoff wrote:
    > Newegg has pretty good ssd video on their ssd product web page. It goes
    > into a lot including adaptors.
    >
    > I never realized that PCI ssd's were so fast.
    >
    > --g

    You don't really need an adapter. For example, some people
    here report they hold them in place with nylon ties. The
    SSD is relatively light, and the main reason for securing it,
    is so the cables don't get pulled loose.

    Another thing to check, is read the customer reviews, and make
    sure the SSD has threaded holes in standard places. You might
    buy an adapter, and then find the SSD is so cheap, it has no
    standard mounting features.

    Paul
    Paul, Apr 20, 2012
  5. malikinam Guest

    california is the best university

    --
    malikinam
    malikinam, Apr 20, 2012
  6. FolkGT Guest

    On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:35:18 -0400, Paul <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> Hi, I have this hardware config:
    >>
    >> WD CAVIAR BLACK 500GB 64MB CACHE per il Sistema Operativo (windows 7
    >> x64)
    >> Case Cooler master HAF-X
    >> ASUS SABERTOOTH X58
    >> INTEL Core i7 980X 3.33Ghz 12MB
    >> CORSAIR DDR3 1600 12GB 3 blocchi
    >> In you opinion can I use
    >>
    >> a Corsair SSD 2.5'' 120GB Force GT F120 Sata3?
    >> If it is possible, will I need an adapter for putting that SSD inside
    >> the Case Cooler master HAF-X removable 3.5" hard drive rack?
    >> thanks

    >Is this the same F120 model ?
    >
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233125
    >
    > "At this point we have 12 dead out of 40 and multiple models of
    > computers that they have failed in. Average time to failure is
    > 2 weeks, though some have failed in as little as 2 days. We've
    > switched over to the Intel 320 Series"
    >
    >Before buying an SSD, always find some customer reviews!

    That link is to the older SATA 2 product. OP is asking about the SATA3.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233191

    I've been using once since Feb. and haven't had any problems.

    You'll have no issues mounting it in your case. They're very light, so a
    single screw would be plenty.
    FolkGT, Apr 20, 2012
  7. Guest

    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233191
    >
    >I've been using once since Feb. and haven't had any problems.

    What motherboard do you have?

    >You'll have no issues mounting it in your case. They're very light, so a
    >single screw would be plenty.

    It is necessary an adapter for installa that SSD?
    Thanks
    , Apr 20, 2012
  8. FolkGT Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 21:39:53 +0200, wrote:

    >>http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233191
    >>
    >>I've been using once since Feb. and haven't had any problems.

    >What motherboard do you have?

    Asus P8Z68-V LE

    >>You'll have no issues mounting it in your case. They're very light, so a
    >>single screw would be plenty.

    >It is necessary an adapter for installa that SSD?

    No adapter required. They use the exact same connectors as a regular SATA
    hard drive.
    FolkGT, Apr 21, 2012