    stereo cable?
    Thanks a lot for your help.

    , Dec 7, 2011

  2. Paul Guest

    Re: Sabertooth X58: I have to make an internal audio bridge (withcable). help!

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have ASUS SABERTOOTH X58 and often I make editing video with a
    > Canopus NX PCI Express board. If I don't configure my editing
    > software, the audio is ok. But if I like to configure my editing
    > software with Canopus NX PCI Expess board the audio disappear. Some
    > friend of mine have told me to make an internal audio bridge with a
    > cable. In other words, I have to connect the OUTPUT connection from
    > Canopus NX PCI Express board to INPUT connection on ASUS SABERTOOTH
    > X58 with a cable.
    > I have read the motherboard handbook but I don't understand fine.
    > Can you tell me what is the right INPUT connection on SABERTOOTH X58?
    > Do I have to choose a particular cable or is it sufficient a normal
    > stereo cable?
    > Thanks a lot for your help.

    Does your NX card, have a 1/8 inch stereo "Audio Out" connector
    on the faceplate ?

    Run a male to male stereo audio cable, from Canopus NX "Audio Out"
    to the "Line In" on the back of your computer. The "Line In"
    connector is light blue in color (see the picture in the
    Sabertooth X58 manual).

    The cable you would need, looks like this. Male to male, 1/8"
    stereo audio. I use a cable like this, for my TV capture card.
    And, I use my Line In connector, to pick up the signal.

    http://www.frontx.com/pro/c217_054p2.gif

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 7, 2011

  3. Guest

    >Run a male to male stereo audio cable, from Canopus NX "Audio Out"
    >to the "Line In" on the back of your computer. The "Line In"
    >connector is light blue in color (see the picture in the
    >Sabertooth X58 manual).

    Hi Paul, thanks for your availability. I already made that connection
    but I'd like to do it internally, inside my PC. I cannot see so many
    cables. ;)
    In your opinion will it be possible?
    Thanks once again.

    , Dec 8, 2011
  4. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    >> Run a male to male stereo audio cable, from Canopus NX "Audio Out"
    >> to the "Line In" on the back of your computer. The "Line In"
    >> connector is light blue in color (see the picture in the
    >> Sabertooth X58 manual).

    > Hi Paul, thanks for your availability. I already made that connection
    > but I'd like to do it internally, inside my PC. I cannot see so many
    > cables. ;)
    > In your opinion will it be possible?
    > Thanks once again.

    Years ago, motherboards had a four pin "CD Audio" header
    on the surface of the motherboard.

    I do not see that header on your motherboard. I tried looking
    in the manual, but did not see it.

    In this picture of an older motherboard, the CD audio
    connector is the white one near the top, with a
    shape like in my diagram-

    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/screenshots/original/2008/03/10_Asus_TUV4X.jpg

    +---+
    +-+ +-+
    |x x x x| white, four pin, CD audio connector.
    +-------+

    The CD Audio cable looked like this. In your case, the Canopus NX would
    need a surface mount connector, to match one end of this cable. I did
    not see that connector on the Canopus NX.

    http://stores.wascocomputers.com/catalog/outletpc_2178_336355281.jpg

    CD Audio input, is line level (1 volt), like the Line In on the back
    of your computer.

    *******

    The AAFP audio header, has two audio ports on it as well.
    But that is used for your front panel audio. It may be possible
    to disconnect the front panel audio (headphone and microphone ports),
    and use one of those ports for an internal cable of some sort.
    Again, this will require cable fabrication, and you probably
    don't "own a soldering iron".

    *******

    Since the Canopus NX has the audio output connector on the
    faceplate, that pretty well determines the cable will go on
    the outside. That is how my TV card does it.

    I could not see an internal output connector on the Canopus
    NX, but then, the picture I was looking at did not have
    a high resolution.

    The 1/8" audio patch cord, does not have to be a long wire.
    It can be a short one. In this picture, you can see the
    short wire my TV card uses. The "audio cable" has maybe
    a 1 foot long section of wire. This doesn't stick out
    too much, on the back of the computer.

    http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/15-116-606-13.jpg

    On occasion, I make my own cables. For example, at an electronics
    store, you can buy a plug like this one. Three wires solder to the
    tabs on one end, and then the wires go through the cover that
    screws on over top of the solder joints.

    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cno3XOpUL.jpg

    You would use two of those male plugs, plus three pieces of
    small gauge wire, to make a short audio patch cord like the
    one you need.

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 8, 2011
  5. Guest

    Paul, thanks once again for your suggestion.
    If I will do an external connection, can you tell me is if a short
    cable 30cm plays better than a long 1.50 cm cable? Or will the output
    audio be the same?
    Thanks

    >The AAFP audio header, has two audio ports on it as well.
    >But that is used for your front panel audio. It may be possible
    >to disconnect the front panel audio (headphone and microphone ports),
    >and use one of those ports for an internal cable of some sort.
    >Again, this will require cable fabrication, and you probably
    >don't "own a soldering iron".
    >
    >*******
    >
    >Since the Canopus NX has the audio output connector on the
    >faceplate, that pretty well determines the cable will go on
    >the outside. That is how my TV card does it.
    >
    >I could not see an internal output connector on the Canopus
    >NX, but then, the picture I was looking at did not have
    >a high resolution.
    >
    >The 1/8" audio patch cord, does not have to be a long wire.
    >It can be a short one. In this picture, you can see the
    >short wire my TV card uses. The "audio cable" has maybe
    >a 1 foot long section of wire. This doesn't stick out
    >too much, on the back of the computer.
    >
    >http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/15-116-606-13.jpg
    >
    >On occasion, I make my own cables. For example, at an electronics
    >store, you can buy a plug like this one. Three wires solder to the
    >tabs on one end, and then the wires go through the cover that
    >screws on over top of the solder joints.
    >
    >http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31cno3XOpUL.jpg
    >
    >You would use two of those male plugs, plus three pieces of
    >small gauge wire, to make a short audio patch cord like the
    >one you need.
    >
    > Paul

    , Dec 8, 2011
  6. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > Paul, thanks once again for your suggestion.
    > If I will do an external connection, can you tell me is if a short
    > cable 30cm plays better than a long 1.50 cm cable? Or will the output
    > audio be the same?
    > Thanks

    It should be the same.

    Paul