    3.01GHz using a FSB of 250x12, and 1.375 volts. The problem is that
    when I stress test it, it gets to temps of like, 45-50C Degrees.

    Is that safe, or should I slow it down a little bit?
    (s)AINT, Jan 20, 2008

  2. (s)AINT

    FooAtari Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 08:44:39 -0800, (s)AINT wrote:

    > I have an AMD 64 LE-1620 2.4GHz Processor, and it's my first time
    > messing around with over clocking. I played around with the FSB and
    > voltage a little bit, and was able to get my system to stay stable at
    > 3.01GHz using a FSB of 250x12, and 1.375 volts. The problem is that when
    > I stress test it, it gets to temps of like, 45-50C Degrees.
    >
    > Is that safe, or should I slow it down a little bit?

    At those temps I'd say your safe, as long as it's stable. Are you using
    stock or third party cooling?

    If stock look at getting an Artic Freezer Pro, that will bring you temps
    down a little if you are worried.

    --
    /home/pc/Documents/sig.txt
    FooAtari, Jan 20, 2008

  3. (s)AINT

    bornfree Guest

    On 20 Jan, 16:44, "(s)AINT" <> wrote:
    > I have an AMD 64 LE-1620 2.4GHz Processor, and it's my first time
    > messing around with over clocking. I played around with the FSB and
    > voltage a little bit, and was able to get my system to stay stable at
    > 3.01GHz using a FSB of 250x12, and 1.375 volts. The problem is that
    > when I stress test it, it gets to temps of like, 45-50C Degrees.
    >
    > Is that safe, or should I slow it down a little bit?

    The current intel chips run safely at 70C, I'm sure your AMD can
    handle 50C. I've had showers that hot!
    bornfree, Jan 21, 2008
  4. (s)AINT

    Ed Light Guest

    bornfree wrote:

    > The current intel chips run safely at 70C, I'm sure your AMD can
    > handle 50C. I've had showers that hot!

    I don't think AMD's should go past 60C.
    ---
    Ed Light

    Better World News TV Channel:
    http://realnews.com

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org
    http://antiwar.com

    Send spam to the FTC at

    Thanks, robots.
    Ed Light, Jan 22, 2008
  5. (s)AINT

    bornfree Guest

    On 22 Jan, 03:05, Ed Light <> wrote:
    > bornfree wrote:
    > > The current intel chips run safely at 70C, I'm sure your AMD can
    > > handle 50C. I've had showers that hot!

    > I don't think AMD's should go past 60C.
    > ---

    Ok.