    Christmas
    Regards
    Bob
    BH2, Dec 11, 2005

  2. BH2

    Old Hippy Guest

    Hi
    If the sata drives are just for storage you can download drivers for it.
    If they are boot drives(operating system) yes you have to have a floppy to
    load drivers for operating system.
    tom

    Old Hippy, Dec 11, 2005

  3. BH2

    BH2 Guest

    Thanks for the reply,
    understood, I will be having the OS Win XP on one of the SATA drives, a
    Western Digital 320Mb Caviar SE, do I get the drivers from Western Digital
    to put onto a floppy. Thanks again
    Regards
    Bob

    BH2, Dec 11, 2005
  4. "BH2" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply,
    > understood, I will be having the OS Win XP on one of the SATA drives, a
    > Western Digital 320Mb Caviar SE, do I get the drivers from Western Digital
    > to put onto a floppy. Thanks again
    > Regards
    > Bob
    >

    > "Old Hippy" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> If the sata drives are just for storage you can download drivers for it.
    >> If they are boot drives(operating system) yes you have to have a floppy
    >> to load drivers for operating system.
    >> tom
    >>
    >> "BH2" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Guys,
    >>> another question sorry, I have read that some boards required the SATA
    >>> drivers to be installed via a floppy. I have the 9NDA3J, am I able just
    >>> instal the SATA drives or do I need to have a floppy drive in my
    >>> computer. Also any recommendation for types of RAM thanks again. Going
    >>> to build it after Christmas, got most of the parts now. All of you have
    >>> a good Christmas
    >>> Regards
    >>> Bob

    Most motherboard manufacturers provide the necessary drivers on the driver
    CD that comes with your motherboard (at least Asus does), along with a
    utility to write the drivers to a floppy so they will be recognized.
    The drive manufacturer will not typically have the drivers, as they differ
    according to the SATA chipset(s) on a particular motherboard.
    If the necessary drivers and utility are not on the mobo driver CD, try
    searching around the Epox site. I'm sure somebody here who owns a 9NDa3J can
    guide you.
    If this mobo has two SATA chipsets (many do), make sure you get the drivers
    for the chipset to which your drive is attached.
    Peter van der Goes, Dec 11, 2005
  5. BH2

    BH2 Guest

    Thanks for the help much appreciated