SATA Drives unrecognized by DG33TL's latest BIOS (DP0413P.BIO)

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by wiener, Jun 26, 2008.

  1. wiener

    wiener

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Motherboard experts:

    My system uses the Intel microATX DG33TL with the following configuration:

    1) Intel Core 2 Quad (SLACR) 6600
    2) 2x2GB Crucial PC5300 (667 MHz)
    3) WD 500GB SATA (model WD5000AAKS)
    4) HP 1070i DVD Burner SATA

    I updated the BIOS with the latest release from Intel by booting with a USB flash key.

    The BIOS successfully identifies the CPU and the memory with no issues.
    It also identifies my Memorex USB flash card.

    However, the BIOS does not recognize any of the two SATA drives (hard-disk and DVD burner).

    I checked all cable connections: power and data.
    I tried all possible BIOS configurations:

    AHCI
    IDE

    connecting the data cables to different SATA ports with no success.
    I do not have (and I do not want :) to use IDE (PATA) drives.

    1) Has anyone experienced a similar issue with this motherboard?
    2) Can anyone help me to fix this issues?

    Your help is very appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Dario

    wiener, Jun 26, 2008