    What happens to the audio signal???
    thanks in advance
    dg
    davegood57, Jan 17, 2008

  2. davegood57

    Wesley Guest

    "davegood57" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9A281E9A4B97Cdavegood57gmailcom@130.81.64.196...
    > My Gigabyte mobo has an input for audio from a CD/DVD player but I am
    > building a system using a SATA DVD drive and it has no separate output for
    > Audio just power and SATA interfaces.
    > What happens to the audio signal???
    > thanks in advance
    > dg

    Recently I build my new PC with SATA for DVD

    SATA DVD BURNER WRITER DUAL LAYER LH-20A1S 1

    No need audio cable the sound fine :0

    I'm not sure what u meaning.

    There no longer headphone jack on front panel for DVD
    Wesley, Jan 17, 2008

  3. davegood57

    davegood57 Guest

    "Wesley" <> wrote in

    > Recently I build my new PC with SATA for DVD
    >
    > SATA DVD BURNER WRITER DUAL LAYER LH-20A1S 1
    >
    > No need audio cable the sound fine :0
    >
    > I'm not sure what u meaning.
    >
    > There no longer headphone jack on front panel for DVD

    Thank you so much, I am goingto use the same DVD burner and you answered my
    question and solved one of my concerns.
    Using an OEM DVD burner, same model and since it came with no instructions,
    I posted this question to the newsgroup.
    most sincerely
    dg
    davegood57, Jan 17, 2008
  4. davegood57

    Onsokumaru Guest

    > "Wesley" <> wrote in
    >

    >> Recently I build my new PC with SATA for DVD
    >>
    >> SATA DVD BURNER WRITER DUAL LAYER LH-20A1S 1
    >>
    >> No need audio cable the sound fine :0
    >>
    >> I'm not sure what u meaning.
    >>
    >> There no longer headphone jack on front panel for DVD
    >>

    > Thank you so much, I am goingto use the same DVD burner and you answered
    > my
    > question and solved one of my concerns.
    > Using an OEM DVD burner, same model and since it came with no
    > instructions,
    > I posted this question to the newsgroup.
    > most sincerely
    > dg

    The audio signal travels down the SATA cable.

    You have had the option to do this on IDE for years also. This was the
    "Enable Digital Audio.." option in the Device Manager properties for the
    particular CD/DVD drive.

    There can be poor sound, but I think by now they have probably ironed out
    the bugs.
    Onsokumaru, Jan 18, 2008