    ide the system freezes when i choose raid the the system does not find a hd.

    Any ideas?

    Thank You
    Davidy, Oct 4, 2005

  2. Davidy

    tcsenter Guest

    If the Western Digital drive is SATA II model, there is a known issue
    between VIA and SIS Southbridges. There is a compatability jumper
    setting you can try, but the URL link is too long to post here.

    Go to Western Digital's website (http://support.wdc.com/) and search
    the Knowledgebase for "1337" (Article ID).

    If you have tried the jumper setting and the latest BIOS, contact
    Western Digital support for further assistance. I know they exchanged
    a lot of people's drives over this issue.
    tcsenter, Oct 6, 2005