    format and work as an extra system drive (shows 200GB) but not when I
    try to clone the c drive. I have an ECS 848p-A v2 with phx award BIOS
    v6.0 2004. Running a P4 with XP. Any ideas why it is crashing? Thanks.

    crd, Jun 9, 2007

  2. crd

    Kyle Guest

    http://www.48bitlba.com/winxp.htm

    Note your BIOS must also support 48bit lba else you must partition the
    drive into smaller partitions. The above web site has a nifty test
    tool to determine this bit of info.

    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kyle, Jun 11, 2007

  3. crd

    crd Guest

    On 11 Jun, 08:32, "Kyle" <> wrote:
    > http://www.48bitlba.com/winxp.htm
    >
    > Note your BIOS must also support 48bit lba else you must partition the
    > drive into smaller partitions. The above web site has a nifty test
    > tool to determine this bit of info.
    >
    > --
    > Best regards,
    > Kyle"crd" <> wrote in message

    > | My systems crashes (black screen and reboot) when I try to us
    > maxblast
    > | and clone my old 120GB sata c drive to a new larger 200 GB sata
    > drive.
    > | It crashes when starting the reformat operation. The new drive will
    > | format and work as an extra system drive (shows 200GB) but not when
    > | try to clone the c drive. I have an ECS 848p-A v2 with phx award
    > BIOS
    > | v6.0 2004. Running a P4 with XP. Any ideas why it is crashing?
    > Thanks.

    Thank you for the advise. I did run this check and it says that the
    BIOS is 48 bit LBA capable. Any other ideas?

    crd, Jun 13, 2007
  4. crd

    Kyle Guest

    "crd" <> wrote in message
    | On 11 Jun, 08:32, "Kyle" <> wrote:
    | > http://www.48bitlba.com/winxp.htm
    | >
    | > Note your BIOS must also support 48bit lba else you must partition
    the
    | > drive into smaller partitions. The above web site has a nifty
    test
    | > tool to determine this bit of info.
    | >
    | > --
    | > Best regards,
    | > Kyle"crd" <> wrote in message

    | > | My systems crashes (black screen and reboot) when I try to us
    | > maxblast
    | > | and clone my old 120GB sata c drive to a new larger 200 GB sata
    | > drive.
    | > | It crashes when starting the reformat operation. The new drive
    will
    | > | format and work as an extra system drive (shows 200GB) but not
    when
    | > | try to clone the c drive. I have an ECS 848p-A v2 with phx award
    | > BIOS
    | > | v6.0 2004. Running a P4 with XP. Any ideas why it is crashing?
    | > Thanks.
    | > |

    | Thank you for the advise. I did run this check and it says that the
    | BIOS is 48 bit LBA capable. Any other ideas?

    What version of the maxblast software are you using? Is the source
    (120 GB) drive a Maxtor drive, if not, what brand/model? Older
    versions of Maxblast will clone properly regardless of the brand of
    the drives, but there are reports the newer version does not clone
    non-Maxtor drives. One other possibility is the old drive is
    producing read errors, perhaps you might run the manufacturer's
    diagnostic on the old drive and see if it is working properly.
    --
    Best regards,
    Kyle

    Kyle, Jun 13, 2007