SATA Prioblem can't access the disk

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by davegood, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. davegood

    davegood Guest

    Actually the SATA drive did partially load windows xp and then got a message
    about a possible new software or new hardware and a recommendation to start
    xp in the safe mode, but when I did this I got a couple of pages of text and
    then the whole system stalled, so I don't think it is a channel problem.
    What I want to do is to get into Windows XP on the SATA drive and then run
    restore or go back as I am pretty certain that the problem occured when I
    partially loaded MS Works 2002.

    Any other suggestiions ???
    thanx
    dg
    "RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
    >one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
    >fine
    > "davegood" <> wrote in message
    >> My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to have
    >> become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
    >> and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a
    >> System Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
    >> Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression
    >> is that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot
    >> the disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
    >> Thanks in Advance
    >> dg

    1. Advertising

  2. davegood

    davegood Guest

    In addition to stalling the system reboots into windows and then goes into
    an infinite loop and a total reboot, ie round in circles.
    "davegood" <> wrote in message
    > Actually the SATA drive did partially load windows xp and then got a
    > message
    > about a possible new software or new hardware and a recommendation to
    > start
    > xp in the safe mode, but when I did this I got a couple of pages of text
    > and
    > then the whole system stalled, so I don't think it is a channel problem.
    > What I want to do is to get into Windows XP on the SATA drive and then run
    > restore or go back as I am pretty certain that the problem occured when I
    > partially loaded MS Works 2002.
    >
    > Any other suggestiions ???
    > thanx
    > dg
    > "RBM" <rmottola1(remove this)@optonline.net> wrote in message
    >>I had possibly a similar thing happen. The SATA controller failed for the
    >>one channel and I plugged the drive into an unused controller and it was
    >>fine
    >> "davegood" <> wrote in message
    >>> My Maxtor SATA on the Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard seems to
    >>> have
    >>> become corrupted. I could not get into Windows XP to restore or go back
    >>> and When I booted from the Windows XP CD-ROM and attempted to do a
    >>> System Restore no Hard Disk could be found.
    >>> Does anyone know how I can gain access to the SATA disk?? My impression
    >>> is that the Windows or VIA SATA driver would have to load for me to boot
    >>> the disk, and I can't think of any way to get to this point.
    >>> Thanks in Advance
    >>> dg

    1. Advertising

  3. Guest

    Which motherboard? Are you trying to install a copy of WinXP that came
    with SP-2 already part of the disk? Some Soyo motherboards require a
    BIOS flash in order to use SP-2 with some CPU's

  4. davegood

    davegood Guest

    Actually the Soyo Dragon soyocomputer KT600-8237 worked fine for at least
    two maybe three months AFTER I installed SP-2, the current problem started
    when I partially loaded the Works 2002 pgm: I just installed Word 2002 and
    the utility pgm on the first cd-rom and initially had a minor problem with
    XP after this but I went back to an earlier restore point, in early Jan 2005
    with Sytemsuite which dumped Word 2002 and Works utilities and solved the
    problem.
    A week later i did a reinstallation of Word 2002/Works utilities and it was
    just after this installation that the current troubles began
    dg

    <> wrote in message
    > Which motherboard? Are you trying to install a copy of WinXP that came
    > with SP-2 already part of the disk? Some Soyo motherboards require a
    > BIOS flash in order to use SP-2 with some CPU's

  5. Guest

    Then I would recommend you post your problem in one of the Windows XP
    newsgroups. Because it doesn't sound like a problem with your
    motherboard at all.

    Check out this link for the Windows XP newgroups:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx

    Sounds like your having problems with the windows software installation
    program.