SB Audigy LS crashes XP

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by sweepster@peoplepc.com, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    My Audigy LS model #SB0310 sound card crashes XP HE when a sound is
    played. Doesn't matter if it's Win Media Player, a midi player or
    Windows playing a sound. Using driver 5.12.1.512. Anyone know what's
    the problem? Thx.

    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:
    > My Audigy LS model #SB0310 sound card crashes XP HE when a sound is
    > played. Doesn't matter if it's Win Media Player, a midi player or
    > Windows playing a sound. Using driver 5.12.1.512. Anyone know what's
    > the problem? Thx.

    Off hand sounds like a bad driver or a bad sound card. Does it blue
    screen on you? What do yo mean by crash?

    Rob

    1. Advertising

  3. shegeek72

    shegeek72 Guest

    Robert B Dubrey IV wrote:

    > Off hand sounds like a bad driver or a bad sound card. Does it blue
    > screen on you? What do yo mean by crash?

    Screen goes black, then computer restarts (like hitting reset). I
    looked for a newer driver, but couldn't find one. Tried installing an
    older driver, but driver setup said it "couldn't find" the sound card.

  4. shegeek72 wrote:
    > Robert B Dubrey IV wrote:
    >
    >> Off hand sounds like a bad driver or a bad sound card. Does it blue
    >> screen on you? What do yo mean by crash?

    > Screen goes black, then computer restarts (like hitting reset). I
    > looked for a newer driver, but couldn't find one. Tried installing an
    > older driver, but driver setup said it "couldn't find" the sound card.

    Sounds like a piece of hardware failing for sure there. More than
    likely the sound card. Hopefully it isn't integrated so you can replace it.

    Rob

  5. shegeek72

    shegeek72 Guest

    Robert B Dubrey IV wrote:

    > Sounds like a piece of hardware failing for sure there. More than
    > likely the sound card. Hopefully it isn't integrated so you can replace it.

    I uninstalled the driver, rebooted then reinstalled it and, so far,
    things are working ok. :)

  6. Guest

    wrote:
    > My Audigy LS model #SB0310 sound card crashes XP HE when a sound is
    > played. Doesn't matter if it's Win Media Player, a midi player or
    > Windows playing a sound. Using driver 5.12.1.512. Anyone know what's
    > the problem? Thx.

    While the other posters are most likely correct, that the card or
    driver is bad, I came across a bios update for a particular Dell
    machine that fixes an Audigy sound card crash.

    What are the make and model of your machine?

  7. Folk

    Folk Guest

    On 8 Jan 2007 18:07:43 -0800, "shegeek72" <>
    wrote:

    >Robert B Dubrey IV wrote:
    >
    >> Off hand sounds like a bad driver or a bad sound card. Does it blue
    >> screen on you? What do yo mean by crash?

    >Screen goes black, then computer restarts (like hitting reset). I
    >looked for a newer driver, but couldn't find one. Tried installing an
    >older driver, but driver setup said it "couldn't find" the sound card.

    Sound like you may have it sorted, but if you want to prevent your
    computer from automatically rebooting when an error occurs (which
    allows you to actually *see* what caused the error) then do this:

    1. Right-click on My Computer and select 'Properties'.
    2. Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
    3. In the 'Startup and Recovery' section, click on 'Settings'.
    4. Under the 'System Failure' section, uncheck
    'Automatically Restart'.