SB Live! 24bit reboots computer

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Zadig Galbaras, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. Hi!

    I have this SB Live! 24-bit sound card which proved to be the reason my
    computer the last three weeks experienced seemingly unmotivated reboots.
    After yanking out the aforementioned card, system stabilized it self.

    A search on the net confirmed a statement from a newsgroup member stating
    that there is a problem with SB cards.

    After the removal of the sound card I restarted the computer and had to
    install a generic media controller when I reactivated the onboard soundchip
    in the BIOS.
    Since then my computer has not been turned off, and are playing WinAmp all
    night long without crashing.

    Is this a familiar problem well-known among experts, and if so are there a
    fix?

    --

    Regards
    Zadig Galbaras

    Zadig Galbaras, Aug 1, 2005

  2. Zadig Galbaras

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 12:25:43 +0200 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
    Sheep and then "Zadig Galbaras" <> wrote :

    >Hi!
    >
    >I have this SB Live! 24-bit sound card which proved to be the reason my
    >computer the last three weeks experienced seemingly unmotivated reboots.
    >After yanking out the aforementioned card, system stabilized it self.
    >
    >A search on the net confirmed a statement from a newsgroup member stating
    >that there is a problem with SB cards.
    >
    >After the removal of the sound card I restarted the computer and had to
    >install a generic media controller when I reactivated the onboard soundchip
    >in the BIOS.
    >Since then my computer has not been turned off, and are playing WinAmp all
    >night long without crashing.
    >
    >Is this a familiar problem well-known among experts, and if so are there a
    >fix?

    What O/S?
    also puling out and changing cards is not as simple as PnP would have
    us believe :/

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Re: SB Live! 24bit reboots computer - PROBLEM SOLVED

    The perpetrator was the memory.
    I lowered the speed of the memory in BIOS and all my trial and tribulations
    disappeared
    The soundcard is remounted and reinstalled and is working fine.

    --

    Regards
    Zadig Galbaras
    A Perturbed Norwegian Agnostic