SB Live 5.1 Digital vs Realtek 850

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by BigSky, Jan 10, 2007.

  1. BigSky

    BigSky Guest

    Which gives better sound for gaming: SB Live 5.1 Digital or the onboard
    Realtek 850? Seems like some games really don't like to use the SB Live
    series especially if hardware rendering is enabled.

    BigSky

    1. Advertising

  2. Folk

    Folk Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:16:55 GMT, "BigSky" <>
    wrote:

    >Which gives better sound for gaming: SB Live 5.1 Digital or the onboard
    >Realtek 850? Seems like some games really don't like to use the SB Live
    >series especially if hardware rendering is enabled.
    >
    >BigSky

    I was just reading a forum post on that topic. You might get some
    mileage out of it:

    http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46844

    1. Advertising

  3. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:16:55 GMT I never confuse arrogance with
    confidence nor ability with ambition "BigSky"
    <> sent this :

    >Which gives better sound for gaming: SB Live 5.1 Digital or the onboard
    >Realtek 850? Seems like some games really don't like to use the SB Live
    >series especially if hardware rendering is enabled.
    >
    >BigSky

    I would normally say any PCI sound card is better than on board
    however I was never impressed with the SB 5.1 live digital I bought
    and used some years ago and in gaming it caused lag no matter what
    drivers and hacks I used.

    I went,"Retro" recently and got back 2 mega cheap SB PCI 128s off Ebay
    recently as these were by far and away the best gaming sound card I've
    ever had and the DACs for the prices are unbelievable.S/N ratios were
    always good on these cards.Nothing fancy,no mega bundled software.Not
    5.1/6.1 or other BS.

    Didn't even have to download or use any drivers as even WinXP sussed
    the card when I put it in(I was well surprised at that).

    http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=creative pci 128

    even in PCs/Computers there are,"Classics" and these cards are one.For
    the cost,as you can see,try one.Blows all the others
    out-of-the-water.All other software/programs can be found online to do
    what you want with them anyway if you know where to look :)

    It's the chips I tell you,it's the chips<BFG> :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

  4. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:12:01 -0500 I never confuse arrogance with
    confidence nor ability with ambition Folk <> sent this :

    >On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:16:55 GMT, "BigSky" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Which gives better sound for gaming: SB Live 5.1 Digital or the onboard
    >>Realtek 850? Seems like some games really don't like to use the SB Live
    >>series especially if hardware rendering is enabled.
    >>
    >>BigSky
    >>

    >I was just reading a forum post on that topic. You might get some
    >mileage out of it:
    >
    >http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46844

    Long time no see Folk :D

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

  5. Folk

    Folk Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:37:28 +0000, Shep© <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:12:01 -0500 I never confuse arrogance with
    >confidence nor ability with ambition Folk <> sent this :
    >
    >>On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 04:16:55 GMT, "BigSky" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Which gives better sound for gaming: SB Live 5.1 Digital or the onboard
    >>>Realtek 850? Seems like some games really don't like to use the SB Live
    >>>series especially if hardware rendering is enabled.
    >>>
    >>>BigSky
    >>>

    >>I was just reading a forum post on that topic. You might get some
    >>mileage out of it:
    >>
    >>http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46844

    >Long time no see Folk :D

    That's a fact. We go *way* back to the super socket7 days.

    Of course you probably still have yours... :p

  6. Shep©

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 18:52:53 -0500 I never confuse arrogance with
    confidence nor ability with ambition Folk <> sent this :

    >On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 02:37:28 +0000, Shep© <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:12:01 -0500 I never confuse arrogance with
    >>confidence nor ability with ambition Folk <> sent this :

    >>>I was just reading a forum post on that topic. You might get some
    >>>mileage out of it:
    >>>
    >>>http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46844

    >>Long time no see Folk :D

    >That's a fact. We go *way* back to the super socket7 days.
    >
    >Of course you probably still have yours... :p

    Heh.Heh.Still using an Atari :D

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,