SB Live 5.1: Lockups when using SPDIF passthrough

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Stephan Vollmer, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. Hi!

    I'm using a SB Live Player 5.1 card which generally workes
    fine under WinXP SP1 with normal speakers.

    Now I use a Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5500 speaker system
    and have a problem:

    When I play DVDs and activate SPDIF-passthrough in the
    player software, the programs often hang. This happens
    especially in the DVD menus or when I use fast forward or
    the seek bar. The only way to end them is killing the
    process via task manager.

    The Problem seems to be independent of the player software.
    I tried PowerDVD 5, WinDVD 4.5 and 5.0 for DVDs and Zoom
    Player 3.10 for avi/ogm files with ac3 sound.

    When I choose the normal 2 speaker playback, everything
    works fine.

    I already reinstalled the latest SB Live drivers, but
    without success.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

    - Stephan

    Stephan Vollmer, Oct 5, 2003