SB Live! 5.1 Player to Yamaha RX-V659

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Fodox, Jul 13, 2007.

  1. Fodox

    Fodox Guest

    Hello.
    I want to put a computer near my TV and connect it to my home-theatre,
    for playing anything is playable from PC: windows sounds, mp3, avi,
    CD and DVD, games, etc.

    I have an hold Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Player and a new amplifier
    Yamaha RX-V659.

    I have thought to use the SP/DIF out of the SB, so I buy a cable with
    a jack mono male and a RCA male. I have connected the cable but I
    can't ear anything. I have modified any impostation of the control
    panel of the SB; in the display of Yamaha I can see the label "DTS"
    but when I play a mp3 or other the "DTS" disappear and re-appear when
    the mp3 is finished.

    Anyone can tell me something about?

    Thank you and sorry for my english.

    Bye