    eliminate crackles/pops in the sound. I heard that the 5.1 Live is a
    "bus hog." Is the slow bootup a result of this? Are the Audigy cards any
    better?

    BJ, Feb 27, 2004

  2. BJ

    GMAN Guest

    In article <itx%b.47327$>, BJ <> wrote:
    >Ever since I installed an OEM SB Live Value! 5.1, I noticed my system
    >boots up much slower + I have to disable UDMA on my hard drive to
    >eliminate crackles/pops in the sound. I heard that the 5.1 Live is a
    >"bus hog." Is the slow bootup a result of this? Are the Audigy cards any
    >better?

    lemme guess, you have a via based motherboard???

    GMAN, Feb 27, 2004

  3. BJ

    BJ Guest

    Yup...

    BJ, Feb 27, 2004
  4. BJ

    GMAN Guest

    In article <iGP%b.107049$>, BJ <> wrote:
    >Yup...
    >

    >On 2/26/04 8:43 PM, GMAN wrote:
    >
    >> lemme guess, you have a via based motherboard???

    go to www.viaarena.com and do a search about the crackling problem. I think
    you have to adjust something in the motherboards bios and also have the latest
    4 in 1 drivers installed.

    GMAN, Feb 28, 2004
  5. BJ

    Pierre Guest

    le 27/02/2004 à 02:56:30 , BJ ecrivait :

    > Ever since I installed an OEM SB Live Value! 5.1, I noticed my system
    > boots up much slower + I have to disable UDMA on my hard drive to
    > eliminate crackles/pops in the sound. I heard that the 5.1 Live is a
    > "bus hog." Is the slow bootup a result of this? Are the Audigy cards
    > any better?

    Note i have the same problem even if i installed another alternative
    driver ( Kx project ) instead of the original creative driver ....

    You talk about disable UDMA on hard disk to eliminate crackles/pops in
    the sound ...how to make this operation ?

    Please ...thanks in advance ....

    Pierre, Mar 1, 2004
  6. BJ

    Lenny Guest

    > Note i have the same problem even if i installed another alternative
    > driver ( Kx project ) instead of the original creative driver ....

    It's not the driver causing this, it's the motherboard chipset. You should
    find details on how to solve this at www.viaarena.com if your mobo is based
    on a VIA chipset.

    > You talk about disable UDMA on hard disk to eliminate crackles/pops in
    > the sound ...how to make this operation ?

    You don't want to do that, not REALLY. Without DMA, your harddrives will
    become really slow and suck a ton of CPU cycles.

    Lenny, Mar 2, 2004