    Any suggestions

    Thanks

    Andy

    Andrew M, Oct 12, 2003

  2. I finally got the Winfast GeForce card to work. It's an 8X AGP with
    128MB. Don't do games so I cant help on that but the display is very
    nice for the work I do (Photoshop, Indesign, etc.)
    DD
    PS I never did get the Radeon to work tho many others have had no
    problems with the ATI cards.

    On 12 Oct 2003 12:42:28 -0700, (Andrew M) wrote:

    >What's the best graphics card that anyone has got to run (stable) on
    >this machine, I have a SN41G2 now with a GeForce 4 64mb that run's
    >somoothly, but I'm looking to build a P4 based one with fairl a decent
    >graphics card..
    >
    >Any suggestions
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Andy

    "It's easy when you know how..."
    Johnny Shines

    David DeCristoforo, Oct 12, 2003

  3. "Andrew M" <> wrote
    > What's the best graphics card that anyone has got to run (stable) on
    > this machine, I have a SN41G2 now with a GeForce 4 64mb that run's
    > somoothly, but I'm looking to build a P4 based one with fairl a decent
    > graphics card..

    Hey Andrew

    In the last weeks we have built in a few Radeon 9600 128MB (no fan on
    graphicboard). It runs quite and stable (in SN41, SN45 and SB61).

    regards

    Heiko
    www.mini-cubes.de

    news.t-online.de, Oct 13, 2003
  4. Andrew M

    Andrew M Guest

    "news.t-online.de" <> wrote in message news:<bmeddu$t25$06$-online.com>...
    > "Andrew M" <> wrote
    > > What's the best graphics card that anyone has got to run (stable) on
    > > this machine, I have a SN41G2 now with a GeForce 4 64mb that run's
    > > somoothly, but I'm looking to build a P4 based one with fairl a decent
    > > graphics card..

    > Hey Andrew
    >
    > In the last weeks we have built in a few Radeon 9600 128MB (no fan on
    > graphicboard). It runs quite and stable (in SN41, SN45 and SB61).
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Heiko
    > www.mini-cubes.de

    Thanks for the replies, it looks like I'll be going for the Radeon 9600 128MB

    Andy

    Andrew M, Oct 14, 2003
  5. Andrew M

    Guest

    I am running the Radeon 9600 Pro on SB61G2. For the most part it runs well,
    with the exception of periodic lockups during gaming (once an hour).

    It behaves like a heat problem (lockups increase in frequency with
    contintued play) or maybe a power problem. Shuttle says they burn in the
    system for 3 days with 9600, but I doubt they are doing 3D gaming for that
    period. I suspect that they know that heat power is marginal and that is
    the reason for the system revision (SB62G2?) which enlarges vents, upsizes
    power supply to 220W, and removes the Intel display processor. If that is
    so, I wish they would just say so, as I have wasted a GREAT DEAL of time
    with this problem.

    , Oct 20, 2003