    Is this machine borked? Or is there a chance it's still alive? :-?

    Regards,
    Evert
    Evert Meulie, Jul 24, 2006

  2. Evert Meulie

    Lothar_Wolf Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    Hey there!

    I had a similar problem with my SB81P when I was assembling it. The
    problem was the ram was not seated correctly.

    My advise to you is to open up the case and re sit the ram. If that
    doesn't work try resitting the graphics card if you have one. Worse
    comes to worse try the CPU.

    Hope that helps!

    Andrew

    PS. What CPU do you have in the box. I am looking to upgrade to a 670.
    Just wondering if anyone else has heard if this has worked... as it is
    theortically possible.
    Lothar_Wolf, Jul 24, 2006

  3. Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    Hmm, I can't imagine any of those popping loose all by themselves, but
    it's worth a try! ;-)
    It would save me the trouble of RMA'ing the box...

    I have a 650 in mine.

    Regards,
    Evert

    Evert Meulie, Jul 25, 2006
  4. Evert Meulie

    Lothar_Wolf Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    Sometimes when you leave you computer for a long period of time turned
    off it wont respond... because of dust. I have had similar issues in
    the past. Just a suggestion.

    The other problem is... one or both of your ram modules are bust.

    What type of ram do you have?

    Andrew
    Lothar_Wolf, Jul 25, 2006
  5. Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    RAM: Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 DDR-DIMM 1024MB Kit w/two matched
    CMX512-3200C2 DIMMs

    Evert Meulie, Jul 25, 2006
  6. Evert Meulie

    Lothar_Wolf Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    How did you go?

    Find the problem?

    Andrew
    Lothar_Wolf, Aug 6, 2006
  7. Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    Well... I tried again yesterday, and then the system booted without any
    problems! :-?

    So then I decided against opening up the box for now... But I guess I
    have to keep an eye on it... :-/

    Greetings,
    Evert

    Evert Meulie, Aug 7, 2006
  8. Evert Meulie

    Lothar_Wolf Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    Good to hear that the machine is working.

    I am now running my machine with a 670. AWESOME! Kicks over the 530.
    Only cost me 499AUD for the 570 too!

    Andrew
    Lothar_Wolf, Aug 16, 2006
  9. Evert Meulie

    Evert Meulie Guest

    Re: SB81P. Am I screwed? :-(

    I guess I cheered too early... :-/

    The problem has returned. This weekend I will open up the beast and
    check for loose connections, etc.

    Just wondering: When the machine is connected to electricity, and the
    0-1 switch on the back is set to '1', should I have any lights active on
    the ethernet connection if there's a cable plugged in?
    Or will these lights only come on on the SB81P when the machine is
    booted up?

    Regards,
    Evert

    Evert Meulie, Aug 22, 2006