    memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment

    feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
    systems
    paul, Mar 31, 2007

  2. paul

    lkboop Guest

    paul wrote:
    > hi, I have bought a barebones system from Microdirect, and added a 2.4
    > GHz Core2 1066Mhz FSB CPU, Geil dual channel 2x1Gb 800 Mhz memory, and
    > nvidia geforce 7300 le, when powered up it does not beep, but fans and
    > dvd power up, there is no signal to the monitor, a green mainboard led
    > VDIMM is lit
    >
    > removing all components and using various combinations has no effect,
    > have contacted shuttle and await reply, previous posts here suggest
    > memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment
    >
    > feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
    > systems

    Sounds like CPU is defective-you also need to insure that all power
    supply voltages are present, which they probably are.
    lkboop, Mar 31, 2007

  3. paul

    Stephen Guest

    On 30 Mar 2007 16:02:13 -0700, "paul" <> had a
    flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

    >hi, I have bought a barebones system from Microdirect, and added a 2.4
    >GHz Core2 1066Mhz FSB CPU, Geil dual channel 2x1Gb 800 Mhz memory, and
    >nvidia geforce 7300 le, when powered up it does not beep, but fans and
    >dvd power up, there is no signal to the monitor, a green mainboard led
    >VDIMM is lit
    >
    >removing all components and using various combinations has no effect,
    >have contacted shuttle and await reply, previous posts here suggest
    >memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment
    >
    >feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
    >systems

    CPU fan plugged into the correct header?
    All power connectors plugged in? Usually two on the motherboard and
    some video cards use one.
    Clear CMOS jumper on the correct pins?

    Stephen
    Stephen, Mar 31, 2007
  4. paul

    paul Guest

    On 31 Mar, 22:59, Stephen <> wrote:
    > On 30 Mar 2007 16:02:13 -0700, "paul" <> had a
    > flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
    >
    > >hi, I have bought a barebones system from Microdirect, and added a 2.4
    > >GHz Core2 1066Mhz FSB CPU, Geil dual channel 2x1Gb 800 Mhz memory, and
    > >nvidia geforce 7300 le, when powered up it does not beep, but fans and
    > >dvd power up, there is no signal to the monitor, a green mainboard led
    > >VDIMM is lit

    > >removing all components and using various combinations has no effect,
    > >have contacted shuttle and await reply, previous posts here suggest
    > >memory config may be problem but am not in position to experiment

    > >feel frustrated, but accept such problems commonly occur with diy
    > >systems

    > CPU fan plugged into the correct header?
    > All power connectors plugged in? Usually two on the motherboard and
    > some video cards use one.
    > Clear CMOS jumper on the correct pins?
    >
    > Stephen
    > --

    the manufacturer has pointed me towards recommended hardware, i.e. the
    CPU saying the board is not advanced enough for the one I tried

    i have tried changing the CPU, also changing the graphics card and
    memory, and this makes no difference

    thanks for the various suggestions as to what might be wrong

    I am sure it is something simple like that and I will look into each
    one
    paul, Apr 4, 2007
  5. paul

    maverick_mw

    Joined:
    May 17, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Hi.

    I've just bought the same Shuttle XPC and am having exactly the same problem.

    System:
    Shuttle SB95P V2 Socket 775 Intel 925XE Black
    Intel Pentium D 925 3.0GHz S775 Intel Pentium D 925 3.0GHz S775
    Kingston ValueRAM 2x512MB 240Pin DIMM PC2-4200 Non-ECC DDR2 CL4
    XFX GeForce 7100GS 64/256MB DDR2 PCIE VGA

    As far as I know, that is all supported. I've sent a request to Shuttle. Did you manage to fix it at all?
    maverick_mw, May 17, 2007