Screen Rotation

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Distressed, Sep 9, 2009.

  1. Distressed

    Distressed Guest

    I've downgraded an HP TX2130EA from Vista to XP Tablet, and can't get the
    screen to rotate.

    There is a quick button for the task but it stands no chance as the problem
    seems to be further back in 'tablet & pen settings'. In these settings the
    only available orientation is 'primary landscape'. Althought the graphics
    driver (geforce Go 6150) does support rotation and it does work, but is a
    slow way to achieve it.

    Am I perhaps right that the problem may have arisen during installation of
    XP as the display was set very low (800 x 600) and that at that resolution
    rotation is not possible. Therefore it is not installed. The graphic driver
    is then updated by me but this does not trigger a change to the ability to
    rotate in the registry or other?

    My question is:- Is there a patch / hack for the registry that could recover
    this option or a patch elsewhere or is it possible that if the display
    drivers were loaded on to the installation disk that it may also load
    rotation.

    Any thought greatfully appretiated.

    Simon
    Distressed, Sep 9, 2009

  2. Distressed wrote:
    > I've downgraded an HP TX2130EA from Vista to XP Tablet, and can't get
    > the screen to rotate.

    Why that?
    As to my experience Vista has to offer much more for a TabletPC than XP.

    Which version of XP are you running?
    Is it the TabletPC version?

    > There is a quick button for the task but it stands no chance as the
    > problem seems to be further back in 'tablet & pen settings'. In these
    > settings the only available orientation is 'primary landscape'.
    > Althought the graphics driver (geforce Go 6150) does support rotation
    > and it does work, but is a slow way to achieve it.

    Did you install the HP drivers for XP offered for your model? [1]

    > Am I perhaps right that the problem may have arisen during
    > installation of XP as the display was set very low (800 x 600) and
    > that at that resolution rotation is not possible. Therefore it is not
    > installed. The graphic driver is then updated by me but this does
    > not trigger a change to the ability to rotate in the registry or
    > other?

    AFAICS in the TabletPC models the QuickLaunch Buttons software is
    responsible for the extra buttons.
    I do not think that a registry entry is responsible.

    > My question is:- Is there a patch / hack for the registry that could
    > recover this option or a patch elsewhere or is it possible that if
    > the display drivers were loaded on to the installation disk that it
    > may also load rotation.

    I'm sorry, this is above my head :-( :-(

    Rainald
    [1]
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=de&cc=ch&product=3717579&lang=de
    Rainald Taesler, Sep 10, 2009

  3. I found the solution to the problem. The issue is not with the driver for
    the video, it is with the driver for the button on the computer. Go to HP
    and download the latest driver for the function buttons on the tablet.
    --
    Peavey Bassman

    Peavey Bassman, Oct 2, 2009
  4. Peavey Bassman wrote:
    > I found the solution to the problem. The issue is not with the
    > driver for the video, it is with the driver for the button on the
    > computer. Go to HP and download the latest driver for the function
    > buttons on the tablet.

    That's what I had said before.
    Unfortunately the IP never returned :-( :-(

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Oct 2, 2009
  5. My problem was specific to a Gateway CX210X. Downloading the button drivers
    from Microsoft did fix the problem when changing from portrait to landscape.
    The latest service pack for XP screwed it up but about a month later a new
    driver was released for the buttons.
    Good Luck
    --
    Peavey Bassman