screensaver tab missing; unable to run regedit

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by brianmcc22, Jun 2, 2009.

  1. brianmcc22

    brianmcc22 Guest

    My screensaver tab is missing from control panel display. I found the fix
    pasted below, and the data value is indeed "1", but when I change it to zero,
    I get the following error message:
    "Cannot edit NoDispScrSavPg: Error writing the new value's contents."
    Can anyone help restore my screensaver tab?

    The fix I tried:

    Start > Run > Regedit

    brianmcc22, Jun 2, 2009

  2. brianmcc22

    Invalid Guest

    In message <>,
    brianmcc22 <> writes
    >My screensaver tab is missing from control panel display. I found the fix
    >pasted below, and the data value is indeed "1", but when I change it to zero,
    >I get the following error message:
    >"Cannot edit NoDispScrSavPg: Error writing the new value's contents."
    >Can anyone help restore my screensaver tab?
    >
    >The fix I tried:
    >
    >Start > Run > Regedit
    >>
    >> Navigate to
    >>
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    >>
    >> If there is a DWoRD Value called "NoDispScrSavPage" with a data value of 1
    >> this will disable the screen saver tab. Change the value to 0 to
    >> see the tab again.

    After navigating to the DWord select Edit/Permissions and see what
    authorisation you have to change the key.

    Give yourself write access ( you may need to be logged in as an
    administrator)

    Then change the value and change the permissions back.

    --
    Invalid

    Invalid, Jun 2, 2009