SD11

Discussion in 'FIC' started by Dennis, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Dennis

    Dennis Guest

    Help anyone,

    I just put a new SD11 mobo in a Compaq 5900Z, replacing a OE version of the
    SD11 that I thought was bad. It would not reboot. (tries to but would seem
    to go into sleep mode instead) Anyway, SD11 was cheap on ebay so I got one,
    put it in and, viola, it does the same thing! So I cleared the bios setting
    with the jumper, rebooted, and it still goes into sleep mode. (I'm not sure
    it really is in sleep mode, but the monitor goes into low power, and the
    booting process stops. If I clear the bios & hit the switch, it says cmos
    setting bad, cmos/GPNV checksum bad, hit F1 to enter SETUP, F2 to use
    default values. I've changed just about everything in SETUP to no avail. If
    I hit F2 and take defaults, it will boot and run okay until I have to reboot
    again. Then I must go through the same process again. Anyone have any ideas
    about this? Thanks!

    1. Advertising

  2. Den

    Den Guest

    "Dennis" <> wrote in message news:CbkRa.56$...
    > Help anyone,
    >
    > I just put a new SD11 mobo in a Compaq 5900Z, replacing a OE version of the
    > SD11 that I thought was bad. It would not reboot. (tries to but would seem
    > to go into sleep mode instead) Anyway, SD11 was cheap on ebay so I got one,
    > put it in and, viola, it does the same thing! So I cleared the bios setting
    > with the jumper, rebooted, and it still goes into sleep mode. (I'm not sure
    > it really is in sleep mode, but the monitor goes into low power, and the
    > booting process stops. If I clear the bios & hit the switch, it says cmos
    > setting bad, cmos/GPNV checksum bad, hit F1 to enter SETUP, F2 to use
    > default values. I've changed just about everything in SETUP to no avail. If
    > I hit F2 and take defaults, it will boot and run okay until I have to reboot
    > again. Then I must go through the same process again. Anyone have any ideas
    > about this? Thanks!

    Have you tried swapping the memory, even a single known good stick might do.

    Den
    --
    artificial hippocampus
    I wish I could remember