Searching Desktop motherboard for "Core Duo" CPU ? Only for Notebooks ? Diff to "Core 2 Duo" ?

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Paolo Severin, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. I am searching a good motherboard for an Intel Core Duo CPU.
    All the articles I read so far discuss the "Core Duo" as CPU for notebooks.
    Aren't there any mainboards for Core Duo for desktop computers ?

    Can someone give me a recommendation for such a desktop Core Duo mainboard ?

    BTW: What is the difference between

    "Core Duo" and "Core 2 Duo" ?

    Paolo