    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]

    Roberto Waltman, Oct 20, 2011

  2. Roberto Waltman

    hamilton Guest

    On 10/20/2011 10:32 AM, Roberto Waltman wrote:

    > Searching for a JTAG adapter to use a Segger J-Link (20 pin
    > connector) on a Pandaboard (14 pin "TI" connector.)
    >
    > Found a few, from ~$70 to $100 or more, for what is basically two
    > connectors soldered back-to-back.
    >
    > Would appreciate any pointers to something more sensibly priced.
    > (While getting ready to make my own.)
    >
    > --
    > Roberto Waltman
    >
    > [ Please reply to the group,
    > return address is invalid ]

    Please post here if you make your own.

    I would be interested.

    thanks

    hamilton

    hamilton, Oct 20, 2011

  3. hamilton wrote:
    > I wrote:
    >> Searching for a JTAG adapter to use a Segger J-Link (20 pin
    >> connector) on a Pandaboard (14 pin "TI" connector.)

    >Please post here if you make your own.
    >I would be interested.

    It is not difficult, particularly if you don't care how it looks.
    This is somebody else's 14-to-14 adapter:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nishanthmenon/2814595201/in/pool-705532@N22/

    --
    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]

    Roberto Waltman, Oct 20, 2011
  4. Roberto Waltman

    linnix Guest

    On Oct 20, 9:43 am, hamilton <> wrote:
    > On 10/20/2011 10:32 AM, Roberto Waltman wrote:
    >

    > > Searching for a JTAG  adapter to use a Segger J-Link (20 pin
    > > connector) on a Pandaboard (14 pin "TI" connector.)

    > > Found a few, from ~$70 to $100 or more, for what is basically two
    > > connectors soldered back-to-back.

    > > Would appreciate any pointers to something more sensibly priced.
    > > (While getting ready to make my own.)

    > > --
    > > Roberto Waltman

    > > [ Please reply to the group,
    > >    return address is invalid ]

    > Please post here if you make your own.

    http://173.224.223.62/pic32/

    My custom headers made from wire-wrap wires.

    Stage 1: 6 pins to 5 pins keyed programming header
    Stage 2: 3 pins power header
    Stage 3: 3 wires direct connected to micro

    As you can see, i get lazier over time.

    linnix, Oct 20, 2011
  5. Roberto Waltman

    Guest

    Roberto Waltman <> wrote:
    > Searching for a JTAG adapter to use a Segger J-Link (20 pin
    > connector) on a Pandaboard (14 pin "TI" connector.)

    You can usually find pinout adapters on eBay (eg.
    <http://tinyurl.com/6glc36f>). The downside is that you may have to spend
    some time with a continuity tester to determine the pinouts of the
    different connectors. The cables are also usually not included.

    -a

    , Oct 20, 2011
  6. Anders.Montonen wrote:

    >You can usually find pinout adapters on eBay ...

    Thanks. I don't know why, I never think of eBay for this type of
    products. (Although I use it all the time for other things.)

    --
    Roberto Waltman

    [ Please reply to the group,
    return address is invalid ]

    Roberto Waltman, Oct 20, 2011
  7. Op Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:32:22 +0200 schreef Roberto Waltman
    <>:
    > Searching for a JTAG adapter to use a Segger J-Link (20 pin
    > connector) on a Pandaboard (14 pin "TI" connector.)
    >
    > Found a few, from ~$70 to $100 or more, for what is basically two
    > connectors soldered back-to-back.
    >
    > Would appreciate any pointers to something more sensibly priced.
    > (While getting ready to make my own.)

    http://segger.com/jlink-adapters.html#TI

    http://www.opera.com/mail/
    (Remove the obvious prefix to reply.)

    Boudewijn Dijkstra, Oct 21, 2011
  8. Roberto Waltman, Oct 21, 2011
  9. Roberto Waltman

    Guest

    On 20 Okt., 18:32, Roberto Waltman <> wrote:
    > Searching for a JTAG  adapter to use a Segger J-Link (20 pin
    > connector) on a Pandaboard (14 pin "TI" connector.)
    >
    > Found a few, from ~$70 to $100 or more, for what is basically two
    > connectors soldered back-to-back.
    >
    > Would appreciate any pointers to something more sensibly priced.
    > (While getting ready to make my own.)
    >
    > --
    > Roberto Waltman
    >
    > [ Please reply to the group,
    >   return address is invalid ]

    these two and a short piece of ribbon cable, swap wires around if
    needed

    http://dk.farnell.com/te-connectivity-amp/1-111446-8/header-idc-no-latch-20way/dp/1098598
    http://dk.farnell.com/te-connectivity-amp/1-215882-6/connector-idc-class-1-16way/dp/3815791

    -Lasse