SECC Chassis in Computer Specification

Discussion in 'Asus' started by hj, Oct 15, 2006.

  1. hj

    hj Guest

    What the *SECC* stands for?

    1. Advertising

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. Guardian

    Guardian Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message

    > hj wrote:
    >>
    >> What the *SECC* stands for?

    > I always seem to see it used in the context of "SECC steel",
    > implying it is a kind of steel. A ref. here is to
    > "Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated", but using that
    > phrase as a search term isn't turning up anything, so
    > it cannot be right.
    >
    > http://www.finishing.com/65/70.shtml
    >
    > http://www.finishing.com/288/37.shtml
    >
    > It could well be a Japanese steel standard.
    >
    > http://www.coolergiant.com/products/pc_cases/CS-003A106.html
    >
    > Paul

    I found this definition:
    "Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil"
    here
    http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SECC

    There's no explanation at the link...just the definition.

  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Guardian wrote:

    > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > hj wrote:
    > >>
    > >> What the *SECC* stands for?

    > > I always seem to see it used in the context of "SECC steel",
    > > implying it is a kind of steel. A ref. here is to
    > > "Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated", but using that
    > > phrase as a search term isn't turning up anything, so
    > > it cannot be right.
    > >
    > > http://www.finishing.com/65/70.shtml
    > >
    > > http://www.finishing.com/288/37.shtml
    > >
    > > It could well be a Japanese steel standard.
    > >
    > > http://www.coolergiant.com/products/pc_cases/CS-003A106.html
    > >
    > > Paul

    > I found this definition:
    > "Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil"
    > here
    > http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SECC
    >
    > There's no explanation at the link...just the definition.

    I like your definition better. This page confirms your definition:

    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/37057/?o=40

    "Find something that is made up of (primarily) aluminum or
    SECC steel. SECC = Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil --
    it's lighter and manages heat better than common steel. It's
    not as light nor as thermalconductive as aluminum, but costs
    much less."

    Paul

  5. al davis

    al davis Guest

    On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:04:31 -0500, "hj" <> wrote:

    >What the *SECC* stands for?

    avoid if you're over 55 ;)

  6. Guest

    hj wrote:
    > What the *SECC* stands for?

    SECC is the standardized grade designation for electrogalvanized steel
    or carbon steel sheet (in coil).

    IOW, zinc-coated steel.

  7. v12dock

    v12dock

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil (SECC)