  1. hj

    hj Guest

    What the *SECC* stands for?

    hj, Oct 15, 2006

  2. hj

    Paul Guest

    Paul, Oct 15, 2006

  3. hj

    Guardian Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > hj wrote:
    >>
    >> What the *SECC* stands for?

    > I always seem to see it used in the context of "SECC steel",
    > implying it is a kind of steel. A ref. here is to
    > "Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated", but using that
    > phrase as a search term isn't turning up anything, so
    > it cannot be right.
    >
    > http://www.finishing.com/65/70.shtml
    >
    > http://www.finishing.com/288/37.shtml
    >
    > It could well be a Japanese steel standard.
    >
    > http://www.coolergiant.com/products/pc_cases/CS-003A106.html
    >
    > Paul

    I found this definition:
    "Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil"
    here
    http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SECC

    There's no explanation at the link...just the definition.

    Guardian, Oct 15, 2006
  4. hj

    Paul Guest

    Guardian wrote:

    > "Paul" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > hj wrote:
    > >>
    > >> What the *SECC* stands for?

    > > I always seem to see it used in the context of "SECC steel",
    > > implying it is a kind of steel. A ref. here is to
    > > "Steel, Electrically Chromate Coated", but using that
    > > phrase as a search term isn't turning up anything, so
    > > it cannot be right.
    > >
    > > http://www.finishing.com/65/70.shtml
    > >
    > > http://www.finishing.com/288/37.shtml
    > >
    > > It could well be a Japanese steel standard.
    > >
    > > http://www.coolergiant.com/products/pc_cases/CS-003A106.html
    > >
    > > Paul

    > I found this definition:
    > "Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil"
    > here
    > http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/SECC
    >
    > There's no explanation at the link...just the definition.

    I like your definition better. This page confirms your definition:

    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/37057/?o=40

    "Find something that is made up of (primarily) aluminum or
    SECC steel. SECC = Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil --
    it's lighter and manages heat better than common steel. It's
    not as light nor as thermalconductive as aluminum, but costs
    much less."

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 16, 2006
  5. hj

    al davis Guest

    On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 13:04:31 -0500, "hj" <> wrote:

    >What the *SECC* stands for?

    avoid if you're over 55 ;)

    al davis, Oct 16, 2006
  6. hj

    Guest

    hj wrote:
    > What the *SECC* stands for?

    SECC is the standardized grade designation for electrogalvanized steel
    or carbon steel sheet (in coil).

    IOW, zinc-coated steel.

    , Oct 17, 2006
  7. hj

    v12dock

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Steel, Electrogalvanized, ColdRolled, Coil (SECC)

    v12dock, Apr 22, 2008