    the web search.

    TIA,

    Wayne
    wayneM, Dec 1, 2004

  2. wayneM

    Jim B. Guest

    "wayneM" <> wrote in message news:<cJgrd.27253$>...

    Most computer shops have the audio cable with both types of motheboard
    connectors on one cable. It's not hard to find. But also its not
    needed, your second optical drive will still have sound. It will just
    go thru the IDE cable. In fact you don't really need the audio cable
    at all, sound from the first optical drive will also go thru the IDE
    cable as well.

    Jim B., Dec 1, 2004

  3. wayneM

    wayneP Guest

    Thanx for the info, Jim.

    In fact, I do have audio cables with both a black blade type connector and a
    white locking connector on the mobo end. This SOYO board uses the black
    blade type connector and it is right under one of the PCI cards. It is
    impossible to manipulate without removing the card.

    Looking through the manual again, I found that the Audio2 plug on my mobo is
    for a front panel audio connector.

    Wayne

    wayneP, Dec 1, 2004