    can handle that.
    Thankful for your advice,
    wederik

    wederik, Aug 23, 2007

  2. wederik

    Tom Scales Guest

    As I recall, the 9100 is the same case as my 9200? If so, then a second
    drive is no problem. I run five (5) internal hard drives in my 9200
    without problem

    Tom Scales, Aug 23, 2007

  3. wederik

    Bob Levine Guest

    wederik wrote:
    > I have got a Dimension 9100. Now I'm thinking about adding a second SATA
    > hard drive (320 GB).
    > Such a HD will give off extra heat. I wonder if the cooling of the computer
    > can handle that.
    > Thankful for your advice,
    > wederik

    I've got three drives in mine. No problem.

    Bob

    Bob Levine, Aug 23, 2007
  4. wederik

    wederik Guest

    wederik wrote:
    > I have got a Dimension 9100. Now I'm thinking about adding a second
    > SATA hard drive (320 GB).
    > Such a HD will give off extra heat. I wonder if the cooling of the
    > computer can handle that.
    > Thankful for your advice,
    > wederik

    Tom and Bob, thank you for your answer.
    I am reassured (if that's correct english).
    wederik

    wederik, Aug 23, 2007
  5. wederik

    Journey Guest

    On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:21:24 -0400, "Tom Scales" <>
    wrote:

    >As I recall, the 9100 is the same case as my 9200? If so, then a second
    >drive is no problem. I run five (5) internal hard drives in my 9200
    >without problem

    Yep, and I run 4 hard drives in my similar XPS 410 case (thanks to
    this group, otherwise I wouldn't have known I could do that).

    Journey, Aug 23, 2007
  6. wederik

    S.Lewis Guest

    "Tom Scales" <> wrote in message
    > As I recall, the 9100 is the same case as my 9200? If so, then a second
    > drive is no problem. I run five (5) internal hard drives in my 9200
    > without problem

    Same.

    Right-angle cable?

    S.Lewis, Aug 23, 2007
  7. wederik

    Brian K Guest

    Tom, where did you put the final three?

    Brian K, Aug 23, 2007
  8. dimension 9100 manual...
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9100/en/SM/index.htm
    removing and installing a hard drive (and installing a second hard drive if
    you scroll down a bit)...
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim9100/en/SM/parts.htm#wp1060547
    if you purchase an oem drive (non-retail package) be sure to also purchase a
    sata type data cable. the ones with the right angle type connector, as show
    in the 'removing a hard drive" section, fit best.

    Christopher Muto, Aug 24, 2007
  9. wederik

    Tom Scales Guest

    If he doesn't have the 13-1 media reader, the second hard drive can go
    there and just use a standard SATA cable

    Tom Scales, Aug 24, 2007
  10. wederik

    Tom Scales Guest

    Two at the bottom
    Two in the 3 1/2 slots (no floppy or card reader)
    One in the bottom DVD spot with a 3 1/2 to 5 1/4 adapter with built-in
    fan
    Five in an external RAID5 case

    5.25Tb

    Tom Scales, Aug 24, 2007
  11. wederik

    WSZsr Guest

    Perfect English Wederik! What is your native land?

    WSZsr, Aug 24, 2007
  12. wederik

    S.Lewis Guest

    "Tom Scales" <> wrote in message
    > Two at the bottom
    > Two in the 3 1/2 slots (no floppy or card reader)
    > One in the bottom DVD spot with a 3 1/2 to 5 1/4 adapter with built-in
    > fan
    > Five in an external RAID5 case
    >
    > 5.25Tb

    That's a 'buttload' of storage capacity right there.

    Would seem to suggest that both the power supply and ventilation are pretty
    solid.

    S.Lewis, Aug 24, 2007
  13. wederik

    Tom Scales Guest

    Only four are internal, so it isn't overstressed. 3TB are external
    (eSATA)

    Tom Scales, Aug 24, 2007
  14. wederik

    wederik Guest

    "WSZsr" <> schreef in bericht
    > Perfect English Wederik! What is your native land?

    Thank you ! I'm dutch (and old .....)

    wederik, Aug 24, 2007
  15. wederik

    wederik Guest

    "wederik" <> schreef in bericht
    >I have got a Dimension 9100. Now I'm thinking about adding a second SATA
    >hard drive (320 GB).
    > Such a HD will give off extra heat. I wonder if the cooling of the
    > computer can handle that.
    > Thankful for your advice,
    > wederik

    Thank you all for your additional information.
    I frequently leaf through this NG and I think it fantastic how friendly and
    expertly everyone contributes to the discussions.
    Regards !
    wederik

    wederik, Aug 24, 2007